Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

New BBQ Scientific Research Tool

nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
edited July 2013 in Off Topic
Just got it.  Might be fun to look at meat cooked at different temperatures.  Need to rig up a digital camera....has an old school film camera.

Robot!  Robot!  I am a geek!  

SWMBO wasn't nearly as excited as I was when I brought this home.   There's also a big exposure control unit and two boxes of extra objective lenses, slides and other accessories.   $400!

·

Comments

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,546
    @Nola your starting to scare me.  :))

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,153
    Sweet score. Olympus optics are top notch.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • This is good. Me likey

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,014
    Nola... you win any macro food image contests :)
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    hapster said:
    Nola... you win any macro food image contests :)
    Haha...yeah you right.  I hope I don't see anything scary in raw food.... (gulp!)

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,672
    I don't know what that is but the 20 year old in me is screaming "make a bong out of it".
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,238
    Nice toy. Good set up...nothing wrong with "old school". If it came from a forensic lab be sure and give it a good disinfect cleaning. If it came from a pharma small molecule lab really give it a good cleaning.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·

Nice toy. Good set up...nothing wrong with "old school". If it came from a forensic lab be sure and give it a good disinfect cleaning. If it came from a pharma small molecule lab really give it a good cleaning.
    It's set up and was used for PLM (polarized light microscopy) so it was used for asbestos fiber identification.  Actually I got a job working the night shift at a lab in SA my senior year, and I used this very same model of microscope.  It's been out of commission for about a decade.  So no worries there.

·
    I don't know what that is but the 20 year old in me is screaming "make a bong out of it".
    you're cracking me up, Spicoli :D

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,952
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,187
    JRWhitee said:
    @JRWhitee - Obviously you have not been paying attention if the "science guy" is just starting to scare you.... When he starts work on his own breeder reactor, time to leave the continent. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • 1st test: fat content and fiber structure in select, choice, and prime brisket slices (point and flat). Lets get to the bottom of this once and for all.

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,390
    that should help with knife sharpening
    :)) see the difference between 3000, 6000, and 12000 grit finishes on those edges, how could you possibly cut with a 3000 grit finish on a blade
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,546
    JRWhitee said:
    @JRWhitee - Obviously you have not been paying attention if the "science guy" is just starting to scare you.... When he starts work on his own breeder reactor, time to leave the continent. 
    Joking, not sure I want to see my meat that close....

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
    Oh look, there are microscopic worms in my beef!  (mmmm...getting hungry thinking of it...)

·
  • Using this equipment reminds me of investigative "journalism" where the reporter goes to different hotel rooms with a black light and shows you how disgusting the room actually is.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·

Using this equipment reminds me of investigative "journalism" where the reporter goes to different hotel rooms with a black light and shows you how disgusting the room actually is.

we have one of those black lights.... never bring one to a hotel room ;)

·