Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate setter lifter for sale

Options
In a previous post I extolled the virtues of a great new gadget to lift the plate setter in a BGE. I went ahead and ordered one, but unbeknownst to me, my kids also ordered one as a gift because they thought I would love it, which I do! Now I'm the proud owner of two of them. Just to be clear, I really do love this thing and it makes lifting the plate setter on my medium BGE much easier and cleaner, especially during a cook to, say, add more wood.

I don't need two of them, however, and I'll be happy to sell you the spare, unused, for $25 (that's what I paid for it) and whatever the actual shipping costs are via USPS. (My guess is it's about $10.) Click this link if you'd like to see this device. It is designed for a large or Xlarge BGE, but works just fine on my medium.

Respond back with your contact info. I have a Paypal account for payment. I'll ship it same day.

Comments

• 1cajuncook
    1cajuncook Posts: 37
    Options
    I'll take it. Mraba@bellsouth.net
    XL, large and small. Hartwell GA on beautiful Lake Hartwell.
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Silly question, why not just use welding gloves?
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    give it away for free... give it away for free... give it away for free...
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • bocaboy2591
    Options
    Silly question, why not just use welding gloves?
    You could, but, IMHO, this is just a cleaner and faster way to lift the plate. I just received mine a week ago and used it on my first long cook, where I continue to add wood for flavoring. It was a snap to move the plate, add the wood, put it back in place and return the grill to the BGE.

Anyway, my personality is such that I like things that tackle a particular problem and try and solve it. I totally get it that you don't think there's a problem in the first place! Me, I don't like to use the gloves and get grease all over them. The lifter is just a cleaner way do moving the plate setter.
  • bocaboy2591
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    give it away for free... give it away for free... give it away for free...
    LOL. With the donor being you, no doubt!