Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Steak Sear

Seared 2 ribeyes tonight covered with dizzy pig cow lick on the mini with the cast iron grid. I love how quickly it gets so hot! Turned out great. The mini is my weeknight go to.

Comments

• AUWAG
    AUWAG Posts: 73
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Nice! Yeah, the Mini is great for the quick cooks and is a searing machine. No concerns with the bottom of the Mini/Carten getting too hot for the table top?
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • AUWAG
    AUWAG Posts: 73
    @R2Egg2Q no I haven't had any issues with it. I usually feel the bottom to see if too much heat is getting to it and it is barely warm. Ready to take it tailgating and camping this fall.