Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spatchcock #1

First attempt spatchcock. 400 degrees raised direct. Pecan chips, Old Bay and Tone's Tuscan Chicken grinder.
image.jpg 1.8M
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,788
    Nice job cremaster.  Doin' it right n schtuff yeah

·
  • yellowdogbbqyellowdogbbq Posts: 373
    Looks great! Love spatchcock chicken.
    ·
  • CremasterCremaster Posts: 32
    Thanks guys, means a lot to get compliments here! Once you go spatch, ya never go back! Great googlymoogly that was tasty.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,444
    If you have leftovers smoked chicken salad off the egg is so good. I got a huge batch right now for lunch this week.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,444
    Oh and chicken looks great
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Great looking cook!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • radamoradamo Posts: 359
    Looks great cremaster!  Nice job.

Long Island, NY
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,609
    Looks great! And, +1 with @Chubbs re: the chicken salad!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Looks good. Your handle made me think of the cremasteric reflex. Google It! ha ha ha
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,795
    Chubbs said:
    If you have leftovers smoked chicken salad off the egg is so good. I got a huge batch right now for lunch this week.
    Yes it is.  I made some from last nights spatch - Awesomeness.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,466
    Nice looking cook.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    rholt said:
    Looks good. Your handle made me think of the cremasteric reflex. Google It! ha ha ha
    That's where it came from!
    ·
    Thanks guys, I think I might be learning stuff here!
    ·
  • StreetgliderStreetglider Posts: 104
    Spatchcock chicken rocks, always tender and moist.

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
    ·
  • AcnAcn Posts: 1,000

Looks great! And, +1 with @Chubbs re: the chicken salad!

Agree with all of this. Can't cook only 1 chicken anymore; one for dinner, one and leftovers for chicken salad/tacos etc. So good, and two carcasses to make stock with.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Cremaster said:

rholt said:

Ha ha ha. No way! That's brilliant! Are you in the healthcare field that you know of that muscle?
    ·
    rholt said:
    rholt said:
    Ha ha ha. No way! That's brilliant! Are you in the healthcare field that you know of that muscle?
    Yes, I'm an xray tech. Just liked the sound of the name.
    ·