Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Long Time Lurker...First Time Poster - Brisket Pics

Hey Eggheads,

Been a long time lurker since I got my LBGE for Xmas 2011.  Learned a ton from the info posted on this site and thanks to everyone for that.  I figured it was time to create an account and become a part of the community.

For my first post I suppose it's appropriate to post pics of a recent brisket cook for our monthly beer club.  I've had great luck with what I guess is the Franklin method...simply season with salt and pepper, 250ish for about 12 hours (give or take), oak chunks for smoke, wrap in butcher paper for the last couple hours, rest, and eat (and drink).

Before, after, and nightcap pictures below.

Brisket Is My Spirit Animal

• TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,915
    Welcome. Looks great.
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Aurora, Ontario, Canada
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 7,634
    Welcome aboard-great looking brisket. 
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,965
    Welcome.. Jump in here
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,660
    Welcome and where are you? ps: nice looking meat
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,780
    Nice looking Brisket, beer too. Welcome.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• Nice- welcome aboard

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,868
    Brisket and GI Bourbon County Vanilla!  Hell of a combo.  Yum!
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Wow!  Great looking brisket.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,574
    Nice cook! Glad you signed up.

Boerne, TX

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,869
    Bourbon County FTW!
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    Very nice... Also - were those ribs I saw in the picture???? Welcome aboard, its a hoot here most of the time.
    Cookin in Texas
  • Looks delish!
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'
  • jjsupaflyjjsupafly Posts: 8
    Thanks for the welcome guys.

Mickey - I'm in sunny Minneapolis
    YEMTrey and Eggcelsior - There are few beers I enjoy more than Bourbon County...and we've got some great beers coming out of MN
    boatbum - yup...ribs as well...was my first try at two meats in the same cook...both turned out pretty good...although I think the brisket was better :)

Also just pulled a shoulder off of the egg after 16 hrs...going to shred it and its going to beer camp in Duluth this weekend...should be fun.

Cheers guys,
    Brisket Is My Spirit Animal