Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cave remodeling

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Got the sink in and put a pantry style cabinet in. Moved the 3rd fridge in also. The prep area beside the sink is awesome. Spatchcock, butt prep now has easy clean up. I'm getting pretty much my own kitchen. It's ugly compared to an outdoor kitchen but damn it functions well.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I'm digging that sink.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    functionality > beauty 

i like the workspace
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Nice, but you need to clean your camera lens, henapple.
    Looks excellent, fridge for everything that needs to be kept cold, good work area and most of all it is yours! 
    Well designed kitchens for serious food prep are seldom beautiful or "designer" elegant. They are and should be, practical. That's why I cook on an egg (or my old gasser - side burner is a can't do without) prep in a deep SS sink, while SWMBO enjoys coffee with her friends in her "kitchen" with the glass topped clock (boils water - but don't try to saute on the damn thing) and the white Cerolan sinks that immediately see the bleach Vim if there is one drop of BBQ sauce on them. 
    Thanks for the chance to vent. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Looks awesome.  I am definitely envious, and my wife is as well.  She is getting tired of my butt juice all over her kitchen.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Amen to that Skiddymarker.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Congrats on the new kitchen! I know my new kitchen is a world of difference. Between the extra counter space and better organization, it is a thrill to go into the kitchen to make something and it's still a thrill going out to the Egg to cook it up. I know you're gonna love yours, it's sounding and looking good, although it is a little hard to see through the condensation on the lens. Need to get you some AC for the kitchen.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • henapple
    Damn droid... Too lazy to use the Canon and transfer to the mac.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

Those pics are the highest quality I have ever seen.

I like the sink a lot. I am really pushing for my own area in the yard

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs
    Did you bury your camera in Ozark Oak dust and PBR?
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    She is getting tired of my butt juice all over her kitchen.  
    Oh my...
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • henapple
    Ozark Oak has no dust...
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @SmokeyPitt: I'm supporting your wife on this one. You can't just leave your butt juice laying around :)

@henapple: your space is shaping up pretty nicely. Any pics of the full area?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Chubbs
    henapple said:
    Ozark Oak has no dust...

In my FACE. :-/
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    thats awesome ,you must live in a warm climate I couldn't have that set up in my garage the pipes would freeze in the winter 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • henapple
    Middle Tennessee... For the most part we're okay
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    yeah I live in Long Island N.Y. and we get bitter cold in the winter last year we had 38 inches of snow and like 20 tp 25 degrees for like 1/2 the winter 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • henapple
    We don't have the extreme cold here. I have to leave the sink dripping a few times a year.
  • Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    Looks great but one suggestion I would give is to make sure the outlet over the sink is GFCI protected.
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Bullibe said:
    Looks great but one suggestion I would give is to make sure the outlet over the sink is GFCI protected.
    That's a wise idea.  When I built my shop, which is categorized the same as a garage, I learned all the 120v outlets need to be on GFCI.  So you probably have them, since the electrical codes for permitting are based on the national electrical code guidelines.  Maybe unlikely if you're in an area like where I work, where the enforcement is more like Mexico....(not New Orleans). ;)