Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner on the Mini tonight.

Got this chicken from the farmers market here. I have been wanting to try the Dizzy Pig seasonings for a while, but always forgot to order them. Local Ace store started carrying these so I picked up a bottle.

Seasoned and on the Mini. Giving it about an hour at 400-425. Did it last time and it was great.

Will post plated pics if I remember.

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Nice, I need to do one on my large to see if it comes out better. On the mini im stuffed in there pretty good.
    Seattle, WA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    What size bird is that on the mini?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Winner winner chicken dinner? :) did you cook the bird direct?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • StoicDude
    StoicDude Posts: 80
    @Chubbs, this brid was pretty small. About 3 pounds I would say. I have fit bigger ones without a problem. Had one close to 5 lbs and it was fine. Just needed a longer cook and it looked massive on the Mini
    @caliking, yes. Always direct. about 400-450 degree temp and about an hour or longer depending on size.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    StoicDude said:
    @Chubbs, this brid was pretty small. About 3 pounds I would say. I have fit bigger ones without a problem. Had one close to 5 lbs and it was fine. Just needed a longer cook and it looked massive on the Mini
    @caliking, yes. Always direct. about 400-450 degree temp and about an hour or longer depending on size.
    Good to know, thanks. Have not done SC chicken on my mini yet. Guess I will add this to the rotation when planning my weekly chicken salad for lunches.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

I do a lot of stuff on my mini, but for spatchcock, I really like to get a 5 lb-plus bird for good leftovers.   That pretty well puts me on the large.  Just love it!

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    I am in your camp. Like the smaller birds best and do lots on the Mini.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.