Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

General Question

Ok...like most of you, I have cooked countless amounts of butts on my Egg.  I have cooked them anywhere between 13-17 hours at 225.  I always pull them around 195 degrees.  I always let the meat tell me when its done.  It always turns out awesome.  Again, like most of you, I also watch Food Network and Cooking channel.  I noticed tonight on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives a guy from Memphis cooked his butts at 225 for 8 hours.  It looked awesome.  This is not the first time I have seen this either.  I have noticed others doing similar things as well.  What gives??  Am I way off base or missing something here???

Comments