Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Beef short ribs

Im cooking some pre-packaged beef short ribs tonight. The package says medium heat 3 to 5 minutes a side until it hits temp. Any suggestions on temp and time to cook if there is a better way?

Comments

• rholtrholt Posts: 354
    Does pre packaged mean pre cooked? If not pre cooked I would check out the nibble me this recipe for smoking those bad boys. If pre cooked, I guess warm through until internal is in the 150's?
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,016
    edited July 2013
    They can be cooked like a steak - medium to medium rare or whatever - usually it's flanken cut - where the bone is cross cut so the marrow is on top of the "steak".  That's popular in Korean and Argentine cooking.

I like to cook them low n slow.  (They're usually cut more like traditional ribs but shorter).  In that case, you want to cook more like pork ribs.  I normally sous vide them and finish on the egg.

If they're pre-cooked well done, you just need to reheat them.  I doubt they are, but I'm saying that because I've not seen those before.