Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Small Act of Treason

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

@Gogogordy mentioned he performed a small act of treason this weekend in his thread, so I'll come clean and admit to some treason as well. My buddy was throwing a house warming/poolparty this past weekend, so I headed over to his house Friday night and we fired up his pit to smoke some meat. When it was all said and done, we smoked one brisket, two pork shoulders, a rack of beef ribs, 2 spares, 3 baby backs plus 100 ABTSs. I could probably go to his FB and steal some pics, but this was the only one I took in an inebriated state. It was a lot of fun, but I forgot how much work it takes to keep a stick burner going overnight and into the next day.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options
    How did the taste compare to what you typically get off the BGE? That is one plus to a pit; you can get a ton of meat on at one time. I keep thinking how a BBQ restaurant could only use BGEs, and other than having 10 XLs or just running out of food during service, not sure how it could be done.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • Griffin
    Options
    We got a heavier smoke flaovr as we only used lump to get the fire going and then used straight red oak for the butts and brisket. Ribs got cherry chunks. Good stuff and fun going back to how I originally learned how to smoke, but a lot more work for sure adjusting temps throughout the night. It was fun hanging out with a bunch of old friends all night, shooting the ****, drinking some cold ones, swimming in the pool, but I sure am glad I have an Egg and can set it, forget it and go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin
    Options

Got my ribs confused. Left to right 3 bb, 1 spare and 3 beef.

Rowlett, Texas

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options
    Great cook Griffin. Always nice to go back to your roots once in a while. Also makes you appreciate the wonderfulness that is the Big Green Egg.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Looks like y'all had a great time and a lot of great food!