Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

My first flank steak

DawnlDawnl Posts: 185
Last night did my first flank steak on my lbge, turned out pretty good.  Marinated in Korean bbq sauce that I cooked up, naan bread, bean salad and potatoe salad made for a tasty dinner.
Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
·

Comments

• shadowcastershadowcaster Posts: 546
    That looks mighty tasty! I will have to try that sometime, my wife loves flank steak. How many minutes per side did you go,3-4ish?
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
  • DawnlDawnl Posts: 185
    Thanks, did 6 mins each side, a certain some one in this family will not eat meat that is red, can be a little pink :)  I think my fire was a little too hot, still learning.
    ·
  • shadowcastershadowcaster Posts: 546
    yea I prefer mine red but that meat still looks very moist!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
    Yes, very moist, a good cut of meat, AAA Canadian eh.
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,706
    One of my favorites. I would make this suggestion, cook by internal meat temp, not by time, there's just too many variables. I guarantee you'll find that everything tastes better when you pull meat off at the correct temp.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
    Thanks @ChokeOnSmoke will do.
    ·
  • TillermanTillerman Posts: 38
    Newbie here... so 4-6 min a side for a flank steak or flat iron... at what temp 600-650?
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,706
    Tillerman said:
    Newbie here... so 4-6 min a side for a flank steak or flat iron... at what temp 600-650?
    As hot as you can get it if you ask me, and number of minutes is just a gamble, pull off when it gets to your desired internal meat temperature. 
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·