Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first flank steak

DawnlDawnl Posts: 210
Last night did my first flank steak on my lbge, turned out pretty good.  Marinated in Korean bbq sauce that I cooked up, naan bread, bean salad and potatoe salad made for a tasty dinner.
Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
·

Comments

• shadowcastershadowcaster Posts: 561
    That looks mighty tasty! I will have to try that sometime, my wife loves flank steak. How many minutes per side did you go,3-4ish?
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
  • DawnlDawnl Posts: 210
    Thanks, did 6 mins each side, a certain some one in this family will not eat meat that is red, can be a little pink :)  I think my fire was a little too hot, still learning.
    ·
  • shadowcastershadowcaster Posts: 561
    yea I prefer mine red but that meat still looks very moist!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
    Yes, very moist, a good cut of meat, AAA Canadian eh.
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,758
    One of my favorites. I would make this suggestion, cook by internal meat temp, not by time, there's just too many variables. I guarantee you'll find that everything tastes better when you pull meat off at the correct temp.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
    Thanks @ChokeOnSmoke will do.
    ·
  • TillermanTillerman Posts: 38
    Newbie here... so 4-6 min a side for a flank steak or flat iron... at what temp 600-650?
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,758
    Tillerman said:
    Newbie here... so 4-6 min a side for a flank steak or flat iron... at what temp 600-650?
    As hot as you can get it if you ask me, and number of minutes is just a gamble, pull off when it gets to your desired internal meat temperature. 
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·