Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lump purchase trip goes ballistic

TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,250
:)image
Dave - Austin, TX
image.jpg 177.7K
·

Comments

• bucky925bucky925 Posts: 116
    Now that is a good looking Lump!  I just scored 500 rounds from Georgia Arms.  So I am at a little over 1k of 9mm, 750 of 556, 800 of 40 S&W (but most of that is self defense).  I still need another 1k of .556 to feel comfortable.  Hey you never know when you have to sit on the roof and protect your grills er girls :-)
    ·
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 116
    Oh yeah, since this IS a public forum I failed to mention that all my guns were lost in a tragic 4th of July boating accident!  My boat and all my guns are at the bottom of a local lake, sure hope my insurance covers them. 
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 785
    Don't forget to pick up your brass when you shoot that factory stuff.  It'll come in handy when you start reloading...or you could just send it to me.  Once fired Win brass is one of my favorites.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,894
    I just use a loof lighter.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • thebaronthebaron Posts: 23
    What's that beside the charcoal? We Canadians don't get to see that very often.

BTW, what's the difference between the blue and red bags of RO?
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,444
    bucky925 said:

Oh yeah, since this IS a public forum I failed to mention that all my guns were lost in a tragic 4th of July boating accident!  My boat and all my guns are at the bottom of a local lake, sure hope my insurance covers them. 

Seriously?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,250
    I thought the song went "boats and hos" not "boats and guns"...
    ·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,052
    edited July 2013

Good score......I haven't seen 9mm or .22LR in Walmart in a LONG time.  They had a pretty good stock of .40 for a while.  How much did you pay for those?  Last time I bought 9mm at Walmart, it was still $0.20 a round in the WWB 100rnd packs.

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • njlnjl Posts: 785
    thebaron said:
    What's that beside the charcoal? We Canadians don't get to see that very often. BTW, what's the difference between the blue and red bags of RO?
    As long as we're going there, what about green?  I've only ever seen the red and green bags.  I bought my first green RO bag recently, but haven't opened it yet.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,449
    I have to ask: what does one do with all of their guns, on a boat, on the 4 th of July??? Why they are all at the bottom of the lake now is a separate thread.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,250

Good score......I haven't seen 9mm or .22LR in Walmart in a LONG time.  They had a pretty good stock of .40 for a while.  How much did you pay for those?  Last time I bought 9mm at Walmart, it was still $0.20 a round in the WWB 100rnd packs.

$0.2487 per round OTD (Austin). I also scored a 550 rd brick of 22 LR too from a guy at a shooting range later that same day. :). I fired up the BGE to celebrate!
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,052

$0.2487 per round OTD (Austin). I also scored a 550 rd brick of 22 LR too from a guy at a shooting range later that same day. :). I fired up the BGE to celebrate!
    That's not bad........now use your good luck to find me some subsonic .22's for a decent price!! 

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 411
    SCORE!

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 411
    edited July 2013
    Chubbs said:
    Seriously?

caliking said:
    I have to ask: what does one do with all of their guns, on a boat, on the 4 th of July??? Why they are all at the bottom of the lake now is a separate thread.
    LOL... obviously NOT serious firearms enthusiast.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·