Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What to do with leftovers? Stuff everything in a pepper

I had some rice and beans and BGE shredded chicken leftover taco night and some crunchy bacon leftover from the breakfast pizza cook. Also, had some peppers that I was going to put in the rice and beans, but changed my recipe at the last minute. I was thinking... what am I going to do with all of these leftovers?

Naturally, decided to mix everything up with some cheese, stuff it in a pepper and cook it on the egg around 350. Turned out to be the best leftovers we've had in a real long time!

My husband gave me 5 seconds to photograph his busted open pepper. True love!

·

Comments

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    Looks great!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 456
    Wow that looks good.
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Great idea and a great way to clean out the leftovers!  :))
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • Definitely doing this soon - once I build our leftover stocks back up...

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,974
    Nice! I have some peppers and a ton of leftovers, so i guess I'm set to make these :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,413
    That looks amazing! We have leftover taco toppings almost weekly. Gonna give these a try. Thx!
    ·