Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Skillet chocolate chip cookie: a dream come true

Jamieoro
Jamieoro Posts: 180
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
I read about this skillet chocolate chip cookie a few weeks ago on this forum and haven't been able to get it off my mind. In laws are in town, so thought it was worth a try. This is how it went down... Pictures tell as much of the story as possible in an online forum, but trust me, it was insanely delicious.

Melted a stick of butter

Added 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar

Added 1 tsp vanilla

Let cool a bit and added egg, then quickly whisked in with a fork

Added 1.5 cups flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/4 tsp kosher salt

Mixed together real good and then added 1 cup dark chocolate chips

On the egg at 350 indirect

Finished in the skillet after about 25-30 minutes... Had to watch it closely but took linger than recipe. Guests could hardly wait for it to cool any so cut pretty quickly and...

HOLY ****... It was incredible! Topped with Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Yummmmy!  =D>
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    My Grands will love you. That looks awesome. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    You said "HOLY ****", I'm repeating what you said.... HOLY ****!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Nicely done! Great idea.
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Looks simply amazing!   
    Large BGE

• mark11
    mark11 Posts: 55
    I made it a couple weeks ago after seeing it on the forum and it's crazy good.
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Yep, looks and sounds sounds amazing. Bookmarked!

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,661
    what was the size of the skillet?

paqman said:

what was the size of the skillet?

8 inch I believe

• OK This ones on the list!  
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Damn good lookin'
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Oh I wish I wasn't diabetic.. :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    i tried this just now after reading this thread.  i guess my plate setter or skillet caused the flavor to be a little smokey/bacon,chicken,porky.  still good though
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • bccomstock
    bccomstock Posts: 338
    =P~
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    I would think this would be better in the oven than the egg. I can't imagine smoke flavor is good in a cookie? 

Is this done in the egg for the novelty of doing it outside or is there something I'm missing?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    edited July 2013
    I guess if you want to call it "The novelty of doing it outside" ya you are probably right. Will work great for those of us that camp ect ect. But it really shows the versatility of the egg. Here is a pic of mine I did after seein this. Oh ya and no smoke flavor.

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Damn....that's one fine looking cookie.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• hartofatiger
    hartofatiger Posts: 204
    A must have!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Glad you liked it! Not just tasty but soooo easy to make!! Looks great!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• That.  Looks.  Incredible.   ^:)^

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • Jamieoro
    Jamieoro Posts: 180

I guess if you want to call it "The novelty of doing it outside" ya you are probably right. Will work great for those of us that camp ect ect. But it really shows the versatility of the egg. Here is a pic of mine I did after seein this. Oh ya and no smoke flavor.

Totally agree! It would probably be good in the oven too. I'm sure i will test it at some point and report back, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be quite as good and definitely not as fun...

@thatgrimguy yes, you are missing something... An amazing cookie cooked on the egg...
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Yum yum!! I could go for some of that cookie right about now. =P~ And BTW, the egg holds a more stable temp than most indoor ovens. Ovens typically vary +/- 25 deg f I believe. :D
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    You only get smoke flavor when you add wood chips or chunks. We use the BGE for baking all the time for breads, brownies, cookies, cinamon rolls, pizzas, etc. Whatever you can cook in the oven you can cook on the BGE.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Hic said:
    You only get smoke flavor when you add wood chips or chunks. We use the BGE for baking all the time for breads, brownies, cookies, cinamon rolls, pizzas, etc. Whatever you can cook in the oven you can cook on the BGE.

Or if you have a dirty plate setter I guess. I had forgotten to use a drip pan a couple cooks ago and it must have imparted the smoky flavor to my cookie.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Hic is right. Baking on the BGE is fantastic...you must keep the platesetter clean....no smoke flavor at all and no it isn't a novelty...why do artisan chefs cook in wood fired ovens...that is what a BGE is...
  • WRA
    WRA Posts: 14
    I made these this afternoon, they are awesome