Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon

carcouette
carcouette Posts: 14
Greetings fellow Eggheads.  Any advice regarding cooking/smoking bacon in the BGE?

Thank you

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Yep. Purchase charcuterie. The book. Search old threads with bacon "all this bacon talk". Or I can PM you suggestions, lessons learned, etc. decide if you plan to cold smoke or ht smoke. Most prefer cold smoke. If want that look into a cold smoke generator. Most use Amaze N Smoker.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited July 2013
    Yep. Purchase charcuterie. The book. Search old threads with bacon "all this bacon talk". Or I can PM you suggestions, lessons learned, etc. decide if you plan to cold smoke or hot smoke. Most prefer cold smoke. If want that look into a cold smoke generator. Most use Amaze N Smoker.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • I have the amaze n smoker as chubbs said above (so nice he posted twice). I use traeger apple pellets. It wa like $40 and works like a champ. 12-14 hours of continuous smoke with no heat. Lots of good bacon info on here and we'll all be glad to help when you are ready.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    I'm in the same camp with Chubbs and CT. Get the book and then ask away, we're all here to help. Good luck.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Good advice given above.

Nothin better than home made bacon.  Besides the bacon, this book guides through all kinds of amazing home made meat treats, like Corned Beef, Pastrami, Canadian Bacon, well you get the idea.  
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • Good advice given above.

Nothin better than home made bacon.  Besides the bacon, this book guides through all kinds of amazing home made meat treats, like Corned Beef, Pastrami, Canadian Bacon, well you get the idea.  
    that be the one. great book. I just made a breakfast taco with homemade bacon. It does not get any better than that. I should know, I eat one every day :))

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • carcouette
    carcouette Posts: 14
    I placed an order for the book off of amazon.   Thank you guys for the suggestion.