Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket Cook Times?

I have had quicker cook time than I expected on my last 3 brisket cooks, all 3 were in the 10-14 lbs range.  All 3 were prepared and cooked the same way: Rubbed, indirect, plate setter legs up, drip pan, placed straight on grill.  Grill temp 275 with DigiQ, dome temp approximately the same, no fluctuation in temps that I noticed, cooked to 180 internal, wrapped in foil for an hour then pulled off at 204 internal.  All came out excellent.  What makes me go hmmm is:  The 10-12 lbs took 6 hours, the 14 lb took 7 hours.  Anyone else having this happen or have a guess why the time is not 1 to 1 1/2 hrs per pound as I have been reading?  Not complaining because results were all great just wondering.

XLBGE, LBGE, Brinkman offset stick smoker, Bradley smoker, 2 Superior SS-2 gravity feed smokers;  Medford Lakes NJ

Comments