Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza

Royal Oak Lump. Temp 550 @ 10 MIN. 
LBGE 2013
Weber Genesis series 

Comments

• Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Looks good. I cook mine at the same temp. Not sure where you live but you can buy dough from Papa Johns for a $1 if they are near you. it works out great when you dont have time to make your own. Noce cook,
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Nice looking pies.  Just about to load mine on at the same temperature.  Would prefer higher temps the 550 range with WGC seems to be it for me and my egg.  Hope they tasted good.... 
  • 69BBQcrew
    69BBQcrew Posts: 12
    Thanks they were great, I used platesetter and a 16" stone on top. 600* is about max with indirect.
    LBGE 2013
    Weber Genesis series 
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Looks good. I cook mine at the same temp. Not sure where you live but you can buy dough from Papa Johns for a $1 if they are near you. it works out great when you dont have time to make your own. Noce cook,
    @Gamecockeggman, do you mean Papa Murphy's by any chance?  I just called Papa John's and they acted like I was an escapee from the mental institution and said they never heard of that.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    wow!!! No im talking about papa johns. they are located next door to my local bge dealer and he is the one that turned me on to it. in fact they only charge a $1 for the frozen dough.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • 69BBQcrew
    69BBQcrew Posts: 12
    I ran into the same problem with buying dough from a pizzeria . manager stated the owner does not allow it anymore. Just made my own and it was cheap and just as good.

LBGE 2013
    Weber Genesis series 
  • Sam's sells frozen dough at the Pizza counter.  It's so darn easy to use and cheep.  20 dough balls for around $17.  I have found you can divide these after allowing to thaw in to two crust for the LBGE.  Just too much dough for a large.  Also a few of our local pizza place sell there dough too.  Just all around and explain your baking on the grill.