Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Large pricing input needed

2»

Comments

• fourwindsfourwinds Posts: 4
    Paid $635 + tax for a LBGE in Georgia and got a $20 credit towards the purchase of a plate setter and pizza stone. 
    ·
  • Man I would check around if you havent already. I have to think you can do better than that congo quote.
    ·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    @fourwinds you did very well. @biggreenpharmacist I really have called dealers until I am tired of it.There is nothing below $800 in Arkansas. I got a dealer to give me more for the money, but the price is the same
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • Randy1 said:

@fourwinds you did very well. @biggreenpharmacist I really have called dealers until I am tired of it.There is nothing below $800 in Arkansas. I got a dealer to give me more for the money, but the price is the same

Well I did buy mine in January and that very well may have affected the price. I guess if you put off buying one for few more months and then walk in there with CASH you might do better? I've got a friend in NWA thats pretty tight with a dealer. I'll see if I can check with him but heck it would cost a hundred bucks to drive up there.

·
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 679
    @Randy1 if you ever get down to the D/FW area, you can probably get a much better deal here similar to the one I got.  Not worth the trip for just that purpose, but if you happened to be here anyway.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·
  • StoicDudeStoicDude Posts: 80
    If money is a big issue and you want a ceramic cooker, you might want to check around. All the Eggcessories work in other kamados really well.
    I don't mean to open up a can of worms here, so if you need more info, I would be more than happy to help you. Private message works too.
    ·
    @Biggreenpharmacist I finally found a deal I am pretty pleased with.....still not $635+tax. @KennyLee It is a shame... I was just in DFW area. I didn't know then I was going to buy another egg. @StoicDude I appreciate it , but I better stick with BGE.
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    Found this today. It's for a large with wings and nest. Never mind the paper, it's the most recent version of large with ss grate.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,055
    (Travis is an expert at photoshop)

Seriously, that's cheap, but you don't get the warranty.  However, you can take it back based on the Sam's policy. 

I probably would have done that if they had them when we bought ours.  I could have bought two for the price of one (factoring in all the eggcessories). 

·
    I agree. I think I would too. 2 for the price of 1 kind of has its own warranty.
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • Randy1 said:

@Biggreenpharmacist I finally found a deal I am pretty pleased with.....still not $635+tax

Well I'm glad for you. I would imagine around here the seasons dictate price. Glad you found one you're satisfied with.
    ·
  • Buy this one and drive to Tyler and pick it up. You could probably even register it since its new.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-big-green-egg-NEW-IN-BOX-UNOPENED-/171071013075?pt=Barbecues_Grills_Smokers&hash=item27d4a080d3

·
  • fourwindsfourwinds Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    I guess I'll mention for any other Georgians that I got mine for $635 at the Bargain Barn in Jasper GA. The $20 credit was because the store manager is on a local outdoors forum I'm on and saw my inquiries about a BGE. Also Reeves Hardware in Clayton Ga had them for around that price as well. 
    Randy1 said:

·
  • StoicDudeStoicDude Posts: 80
    Found this today. It's for a large with wings and nest. Never mind the paper, it's the most recent version of large with ss grate. image
    Went to my local Sam's Club and they didn;t have any. Might be a regional thing.
    ·
  • Got one in June for $949 with plate setter, ceramic pizza plate and 20lb bag of lump out the door assembled with the two stands and rolling cart. Included delivery

·