Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Eggwards debut! Ribeye and ABT's...pix

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,270

Fired Eggward up tonight for the first time.  He did a great job too!  :)  Cooked up a big Ribeye on Eggward and some ABT's on the Large.  The ABT's contained a mixture of whipped cream cheese, sharp cheddar, all beef lil' smokies and hickory smoked bacon.  I used pecan wood to smoke roast the ABT's.  Here are the pix... 

We split the Ribeye since it was so big.  And before you ask, I like my Sweet Potatoes in a unconventional way.  I don't like them being too sweet and cinnamony, so I always add butter, s&p and parmesan cheese.  It may be weird to some people, but I like it.  ;) Only way I can stomach a sweet potato.  :)

And I had the mini going for about 1.5 hours at around a 550-600 deg f dome temp while I waited for the potatoes in the oven.  It MAY have used a chunk or two of lump.  :)  Couldn't believe the efficiency of this thing.  Going to be giving Eggward lots of love for years to come!  :D

2014 Co-Wing King
·

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,598
    That looks awesome!!! Can't speak towards the mini but I know how shocked I was at how efficient my small was the first few times I used it.  Great looking steak and poppers.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • eggward has served you well!!!! Nice cook! Now Im hungry again...
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Nice looking cook @Dyal SC . You guys make me want a mini bad! Nothing like firing up an egg for the first time!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • JustacookinJustacookin Posts: 240
    He looks a lot more at home there than he did in the front seat, Nice looking steak. Still jealous.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Fine looking meal right there. Glad to see the little dude at work.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,777
    Not wasting putting the little guy to work! I'll take a plate please.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,554
    Mini was the main guy tonight after playing second fiddle last few weeks. As easy as ever, quick and efficient.

All these guys want is a chance.... They flourish when given one.
    =D>
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 938
    Mighty fine looking inaugural cook Dyal. BTW I still don't have my cigar.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 433
    Nicely done. Gotta love that little fellow. Stands right in there and works like a big man!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Great looking Madian Voyage !!!! :-c
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,056
    Nice cook Dyal. You are going to love that thing. Mini woo and CI griddle took the experience to another level for me
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·