Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig

Options
I have typically made my own rubs. However, I was inspired by Parallel's post about the pork tenderloin with the Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head so I decided to order some and see what all the hype is about. I ordered some Pineapple, SwampVenom, Shakin' the Tree, and Raging River. Can't wait to get them and try some new flavors in my cooks. Any suggestions with these rubs would be appreciated.
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments

• Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    You could put that stuff on a shoe and it would make it taste good. If you are looking for specific recipes I would look at Dizzy Pigs site, they have some good one's up there.
  • WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    Options
    WE made our own rubs (and still do) but have come to love Dizzy Dust on butts and ribs and Raging River on salmon and spatchcocked chicken. Just got Swamp Venom so will try that out tomorrow with spatchcocked bird.

Let us know how you like em!
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I guess I'm the weird guy but I just don't care for Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust. I do like the DP Cow Lick, though. I haven't tried the others mentioned. On the other hand, I would consider trading my firstborn for plowboys yardbird. That stuff is awesome.

Little Rock, AR

• Kain
    Kain Posts: 21
    Options
    I too am lukewarm on the Dizzy Dust (maybe haven't found the right application yet?). Raging River on chicken and Pineapple Head on shrimp, however, are fantastic.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Kain said:

I too am lukewarm on the Dizzy Dust (maybe haven't found the right application yet?). Raging River on chicken and Pineapple Head on shrimp, however, are fantastic.

I'm gonna try the pineapple head for sure.

Little Rock, AR

• AmericanFlannel
    Options
    I use pineapple head on my shoulders. Someone here just posted in my thread that surprised them ... weirder the lady at DizzyPig thought it was a little weird on a shoulder too? Not sure.
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    I just posted on a shrimp thread about how great swamp venom is on shrimp. I also like it a lot on moink balls, ABTs, and wings. Probably my favorite DP rub.

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI