Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Meet "Eggward"...

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,295
That's what I am calling my new mini. :) @EddieK76 is Eggward's Godfather. ;) Can't wait to break it in!
2014 Co-Wing King
image.jpg 2.2M
·

Comments

• berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 768
    you will get a lot of use out of it. I am using mine more than the medium, for me and SWMBO when cooking small meals.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,803
    First I convince you to get an Egg, than the Mini. You'll love it.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Awesome, I love the tiny eggs and all the cool stuff that people come up with to cook using them. I can only imagine what you come up with!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • JustacookinJustacookin Posts: 240
    I hope you at least had the air bag turned off. I got the xl a few months ago still have not got the Mini swmbo does not understand. Very jealous.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,797
    Congrats man!

@Justacookin- buy it. Place inside the XL and just say that the big one hatched a little one.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,119
    Yeah!!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,635
    Congrats on the new addition, can't wait to see the pics you make with food coming off of the new toy!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,049
    I know your gonna kill it man!! You produce amazing cooks on your egg now. Congrats!!!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,585
    I need that new handle on my mini. Enjoy
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • ReldtiCDNReldtiCDN Posts: 142
    It looks from the pic. your sending it into space.

Brampton, Ontario

·
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    Just remember when you see water under your other Egg, It's not water ,it's tears....Your gonna love it.

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

·
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    I'm loving mine.  I know you will too!
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Very jealous !!, >:D<
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 940
    Congrats on the new addition to your family! Although I am still waiting for my cigar.

Next time don't just remember to turn off the airbag. You need to put your new bundle of joy in the backseat. I am sure you are in for many years of fun.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • Jai-BoJai-Bo Posts: 334
    I see a huge safety issue! Egg's should never ride in the front seat that young! Rear-facing child seat is best.
    Nice!!!  Been looking at getting a small or medium fer my camper!  Gotta try to find a buddy w/ some welding skills to make a mount that goes on the back rack!  I'd transport it in the camper safely tucked away during travels though....
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    I'm so humbled to be Eggwards Godfather.  I will promise to raise him up properly and learn the ways of the Mothership.  Thanks @dyal_sc for this honor!  

Don't worry when I get my mini you can be the Godfather along with @griffin  and I shall call him "eggriffal"
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,878
    I just can't bring myself to name an egg, or call stuff eggsxcellent, etc. sorry guys, I just can't be that corny - my dad, now he could do that stuff, but I luckily am not there yet. rofl
    ·