Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pineapplelicious!!!!!!!!!

Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited July 2013 in Pork
I finally got around to grilling pork tenderloin with grilled pineapple all cooked with Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head rub. OUTSTANDING! Given how quickly this meal can be made I can see this becoming a part of our weekday meal rotation with no problem.

I grilled the pork tenderloin direct unraised at 400°. I was surprised at how quickly these things cooked as I was at 140° internal temperature in no time. I believe next time I'll just raise the grid a bit by using some fire bricks as I ended up with a bit more char on the first side than I was looking for (not burnt, just too much). Although I would definitely lower the grid back down to grill the pineapple and in fact might even use a spider next time.
Mrs. Parallel and I had a disagreement as to how to prepare the pineapple so we did it both ways to see which we thought was really best. She seemed to think that cutting the pineapple into rounds rounds leaving the core intact. I though cutting into slabs would be best. I think we decided that rounds would make it easier to cook given consistent thickness but that we need to buy one of those peeler/corer tools seeing as how we're going to be doing this a LOT.
Everyone just loved this especially the kids. This is such an awesome meal and just SOOOOOOOOO simple to cook it's unreal.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments