Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pizza Help - Chicken Pizza

boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
Wanna do a Pizza using leftover chicken. Do not want a bbq theme to it. Wife suggested a basil pesto as the base, Did one the other nite with marinara sauce ( we love the sause on pasta ) - but was not wild about it. What other ideas?
Cookin in Texas

• Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 236
    Sad to say but I liked Papa Johns Alfredo chicken pizza. I might have been the only one. It didn't last long. Seems it had chicken,onion and alfredo sauce on it.
    Southern Indiana
  • 70chevelle70chevelle Posts: 278
    I do buffalo chicken. Some ranch or blue cheese dressing mixed with Franks original cooked quickly with the chicken. Spread on the dough and top with mozzarella.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,693
    Garlic infused EVOO and a little red paper flakes. Brush on dough. Top with cheese, then chicken, then a little more cheese
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,347

this won't help with leftovers, but next time you get the hankering for a chicken pizza this is really tasty:

The "key lime pie"

Squeeze & zest a butt-load of limes:

Pound out some boneless thighs & marinate in the juice, olive oil, salt & pepper:

Grill hot & fast:

pull the chicken, top the pie, & throw on some cilantro:

all done:

you say you can’t eat pie without whipped topping, make some ‘punk’n-pie’ style (wire-whisk whip the ass out of whole milk ricotta with lime juice, zest & Shakin the Tree):

all sqozen ontop’n whatnot:

• boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

Thank you for your input.

Cookin in Texas