Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig Setup Suggestions

2»

Comments

• Did someone say vodka soda? (I dont do produce in mine- takes up valuable vodka space).
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I call that method "Hail Mary".  It works occasionally.   Last night I got off the forum when I found I couldn't type anymore.  Everything came out like tyr id yhr nrdy yhinh yhsy i eou fopd

Don't mean to hijack, but we went to Atchafalya Restaurant for lunch, where I was happy to find out it was their first day with the new bloody mary bar.   Then a few bike shops.  Then had to go to an ATM to get cash to buy a beer (Ironically called NOLA) to use a crappy bathroom in the Fauborg Marigny.  Then to the coolest market in the world - Hong Kong. 

Boiled a bunch of raw peanuts I found there, and I'm half way through making about 13 pounds of andouille sausage (they had all kinds of pork and belly n stuff). 

Found a bike for Bridget, but was raining so couldn't test drive, but I'll steal her old bike and it's going to be Borg-incorporated into my xtracycle(.com) loaner cargo bike.   Fun day.
    Vodka and club soda is my attempt at no hangover. Trying to get a little soda water in the system.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs said:
    Vodka and club soda is my attempt at no hangover. Trying to get a little soda water in the system.

Let me know how that works for you.
  • nolaegghead
    edited July 2013
    I switch from bourbon/coke to bourbon/soda water before bed.  Caffeine IV reduction.  My soda water is freshly made daily with paint ball gun tanks.
  • nolaegghead

"I call that method "Hail Mary". It works occasionally. "............I call it Friday. And 60% of the time, it works every time.
    Ok, I'll rename it "Sex Panther".  Sexier name, and I'll take those odds.
    I won't know if it works or not. The plan is to wake up and "cook" (booze) all day tomorrow before this party.

That and watch the storms. The weather we have gotten lately is craziness. Going on like 3 weeks of rain.
  • nolaegghead
    forecast to rain here for the next 10 plus days.  That's ok.  Egg bizness area and manbearcave are protected and fortified.

forecast to rain here for the next 10 plus days.  That's ok.  Egg bizness area and manbearcave are protected and fortified.

I hear you man. We had a record June around here. Been craziness.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

buy

"I call that method "Hail Mary". It works occasionally. "............I call it Friday. And 60% of the time, it works every time.

I inadvertently tried the Sex Panther brisket method the other night. I got lucky and it turned out ok.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead

caliking said:

buy
    I inadvertently tried the Sex Panther brisket method the other night. I got lucky and it turned out ok.
    Awesome.  I've done them and I've been amazed at how well they work.  I'm batting 1000.  Not on pizzas though...., but no hazmat crew showed up ;)
    Egg stabilized at 250 for 1 hour. About to throw this bastid on and see how she looks in the AM. Changed it up and threw 5 chunks of peach in on this one. Sprinkled some AMS maple pellets on top for the hell of it. The vodka made me do it
  • nolaegghead
    Vodka's your Taylor Durden.  That's real, man.  ;)  Been using peach lately, good stuff.

His name was village idiot... His name was village..... Gary....oh the humanity.
    Gary Gary Gary. We want Gary.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Gary Gary Gary. We want Gary.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    174IT and 234 grate temp. I beat the booze this time. Boom
  • nolaegghead
    60% of the time it works every time....

sweeeet
    edited July 2013
    Me too. Went to bed when it was 196. Used the force to eyeball the temp settings and passed out. The food probe is just sitting out on a table. Looks like its going to be hot today. It's 9:30 am and it's reading 115 on a table top. image
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    I've done about 40 10lb shoulders at 250 and they all take 16-18 hours. I use a Stokers and my pit temp is exact thru the entire cook.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• I think it's on a table top. Should probably go survey the damage. Little hazy.
  • Damn thing is ready. 190 and like butter. 11 hrs for 10 lbs.