Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large pricing input needed

How does $1113.98 sound for a large, shelves, nest and $75 in accessories? It has been a little while since I posted , but I wanted to consult the forum before I buy another large. Any help will be appreciated thanks,

Randy

Maumelle, Arkansas

Comments

• BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    I got mine at the beginning of June and it was $1199 for shelves, nest, plat setter, charcoal tool, cast iron lid, starters and charcoal.

Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I picked mine up in the spring. 800 for the egg, plate setter, and nest. 70 for the egg mates.
  • Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379

@BREWnQ that sounds similar to the price I was quoted..Thanks                                                                                                                                                      @Eggcelsior that is a good price was that at an eggfest or dealer?

Maumelle, Arkansas
  • Eggcelsior
    Dealer. The nest and PS was free with a promotion that I had seen at other places too. They wanted 849 but I got them to price match another dealer.
  • Randy1
    @eggcelsior wow. I wonder why there is such a price discrepancy? That is around $250 cheaper for the same set up. If you don't mind... Where did you buy it?
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • I was about $1000 for LBGE, nest, wooden shelves and a couple small items.  That was in May.
  • Eggcelsior
    I'm in Maryland. The conventional wisdom seems to be that the more southern you are, the cheaper they get. I bought mine at Cozy Pools and Spa in Mt. Airy, Maryland and they price-matched Clark's Ace Hardware in Ellicott City.

It sounds like you are getting everything priced out individually. Take out the "free" part of mine and the accessory prices make the costs about the same. I wonder if the promotion is over? I got my large in late April. All of the places I called mentioned the promotion(4 or 5 dealers) 
  • Randy1

@Eggcelsior they didn't mention such a promotion, so it probably is over. What you said makes sense though, without the free nest and shelves the price is the same. Thanks for your input.

@Medicman627 that sounds real close to what I was quoted also. Thanks 

Maumelle, Arkansas
  • TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    I'm in Maryland. The conventional wisdom seems to be that the more southern you are, the cheaper they get. I bought mine at Cozy Pools and Spa in Mt. Airy, Maryland 
    I drove from Southern MD to buy from Cozy as well.  I paid $674 for the egg alone.  (Built my own table.)
    Bought accessories at the next eggfest when everything was 20% off.

• TurtleCreek
    Randy1 said:

How does $1113.98 sound for a large, shelves, nest and $75 in accessories? It has been a little while since I posted , but I wanted to consult the forum before I buy another large. Any help will be appreciated thanks,

Randy

Sounds like you have one large right now.  What other accessories do you need, or need right away.  Do you need shelves for this one too?   Another option would be to ask the dealer for their best price on the Lg Egg itself and see if the combo deal is really worth it to you.  
  • My dealer gave me 10% off all accessories bought with the egg.  You may want to ask....

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Not bad $1k+ for demo what u listed and plate setter. Go for it
    Seattle, WA
  • Texag00
    Texag00 Posts: 14
    I got lbge, nest, bag of lump, and starter for $850. 20% off accessories purchased. In TX
  • Texag00
    Texag00 Posts: 14
    Added plate setter, ash tool, rib rack, and grill extender....all for about $1000
  • Streetglider
    Streetglider Posts: 104
    You won't ever get if you don't ask. Have a total you are willing to pay and see if they can beat it.

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
  • Randy1 said:

@Eggcelsior they didn't mention such a promotion, so it probably is over. What you said makes sense though, without the free nest and shelves the price is the same. Thanks for your input.

@Medicman627 that sounds real close to what I was quoted also. Thanks 

Where are you located?

Little Rock, AR

• NJ_BBQ
    NJ_BBQ Posts: 137
    I'm in Maryland. The conventional wisdom seems to be that the more southern you are, the cheaper they get.
    Your theory of being cheaper in the south may be right. Here its $1499 for an XL, nest, shelves, PS, 1 bag BGE lump, delivered and setup.
    Basking  Ridge, NJ - XL with KAB
  • Randy1
    @Biggreenpharmacist I am in central Arkansas. @TurtleCreek I was going to set it up identical to my 1st one. Shelves, nest, PC, stone, CI grate. I can't share accessories because they will be in seperate locations. The dealer I was talking to would not negotiate one penny. The egg by itself was $859.
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Get a demo at an egg fest. Used one time. Got mine for 833 and it came with a plate setter, nest, ash tool and a 20lb bag of BGE lump.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited July 2013

Seems high to me, at least for around here (TX).  When I bought mine, the "package" (nest, ash tool, etc.) most of which I didn't want or need, was around $900.  Got just the Egg with plate setter for $705 and they threw in a bag of BGE lump.

Had to shop around for the best deal though and luckily there are a handful of dealers within an hour or so from me.  A couple of dealers wouldn't even sell just the Egg by itself, only the package.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414

I think the Texarkana Eggfest is about three months away (it was October last year).  I believe it was put on by Dot's Ace Hardware.  You  might give them a call.  I'm assuming you're dealing with Congo at the moment.

• I got mine from springdale. 750 for lbge plus 65 for platesetter and starter package. Built my own table. Im in it less than 1000 bucks.

Little Rock, AR

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414

Ozark Mountain Eggfest 9/28

Large EggFest Egg Package - $799 Large Egg ($879 retail) Egg Nest ($160 retail) Ash Tool ($15 retail) 10lb Bag of Lump Charcoal ($15 retial)Charcoal Firestarters ($8 retail)

• Randy1
    @LDR Thanks.It was Congo I was talking to. I will call Dot's in Texarkana tommorrow. Also,that eggfest deal sounds good, but I dont want to wait till fall.@Biggreenpharmacist Congo quoted me $859 for just the egg. So, apples to apples yours us $109 cheaper. What store?

@KennyLee I would take that $705 deal!
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • StoicDude
    StoicDude Posts: 80
    I'm in northern Nevada and have about 5 places that sell the egg here. The prices for  Large here vary from 700-950. most places have them at $899.
    I think the nest was $170. not sure about mates. One of the dealers just had 25% off all accessories so I got a platesetter and a baking stone. Platesetter, after discount was $75, Stone was $45.
  • kolbdriver
    kolbdriver Posts: 403
    Randy, I live near Texarkana.. Dot's is good folks... There will not be a Eggfest there there this year... Next May is the next date...
    There is also a small dealer in Hope that might cut you a better deal.. It. Backyard pool and spa, might be worth a phone call...!!!

• Randy1
    @kolbdriver I will give it a shot. I may have to get out of Central Arkansas to get a price break...we will see!
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • TurtleCreek
    Randy1 said:
    @TurtleCreek I was going to set it up identical to my 1st one. Shelves, nest, PC, stone, CI grate. I can't share accessories because they will be in seperate locations. The dealer I was talking to would not negotiate one penny. The egg by itself was $859.
    Makes perfect sense to me now that I see the your thought process!  You'll enjoy having one at the second location.  Best of luck on your search.
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    edited July 2013
    Randy1 said:
    @kolbdriver I will give it a shot. I may have to get out of Central Arkansas to get a price break...we will see!

Smokin the Ozarks is in Sept in Springfield, MO

799 for a large demo egg there also  Plus you would get to enjoy all that tasty food at the egg fest !!!

http://www.outdoorhome.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=eggfest&
    product_id=917
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Randy1
    Thanks @llrickman I will check out that eggfest. The best price I found on egg, nest, mate, PS, stone, CI grate and ash tool, tax and all, was $1280.16.
    Maumelle, Arkansas