Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp quesadillas and shredded chicken tacos

Options
Jamieoro
Jamieoro Posts: 180
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
After consultation on the forum, I decided to cook the quesadillas direct on the CI grate and have no regrets! Don't think I'd do them any other way. Precooked some shrimp with some homemade taco seasoning, chopped them up a bit, but not too much. Brushed the outside of a burrito shell with a little oil and filled one side with green chiles, shrimp, cheese blend and fresh cilantro. Folded it over and put it right on the grate around 400-450. Flipped carefully after a few minutes.

Also made chicken and fish tacos for main course. Not as many Picts because time got away, but found an interesting approach to make shredded chicken. Marinated the breasts in lime juice for a few hours. Added rub and cooked normally on the large at around 450. When internal temp reached 165, pulled the. Let rest for a few minutes and then put the full breasts in my kitchenaid mixer with the paddle attachment and within seconds u had beautifully shredded chicken. Added a little chicken broth and simmered to keep warm. Turned out great and guests left happy!
imageimageimageimageimage

Comments