Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Shrimp quesadillas and shredded chicken tacos

JamieoroJamieoro Posts: 180
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
After consultation on the forum, I decided to cook the quesadillas direct on the CI grate and have no regrets! Don't think I'd do them any other way. Precooked some shrimp with some homemade taco seasoning, chopped them up a bit, but not too much. Brushed the outside of a burrito shell with a little oil and filled one side with green chiles, shrimp, cheese blend and fresh cilantro. Folded it over and put it right on the grate around 400-450. Flipped carefully after a few minutes.

Also made chicken and fish tacos for main course. Not as many Picts because time got away, but found an interesting approach to make shredded chicken. Marinated the breasts in lime juice for a few hours. Added rub and cooked normally on the large at around 450. When internal temp reached 165, pulled the. Let rest for a few minutes and then put the full breasts in my kitchenaid mixer with the paddle attachment and within seconds u had beautifully shredded chicken. Added a little chicken broth and simmered to keep warm. Turned out great and guests left happy!

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,535
    Looks great- makes me hungry
    Greensboro, NC
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,993
    Yes ma'am!!! Looks terrific! =P~
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,799
    Seattle, WA
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Those some fine taycos

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,177
    Nicely done and great photos.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • erniemcclainerniemcclain Posts: 376
    Thanks for the idea.  I just bought 6 lbs of thighs I will grill tomorrow then cut up for chicken tacos.  I love the idea of toasting the "whole enchalada" on the grill.  We usually take a flour tortilla and put on the burner on our gas stove in the house to warm them up.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,318
    Dee-lish!! Have fajitas planned tomorrow myself.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.