Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby backs

Options
Ok all....looking for your advice and favorite recipes. Gonna do a couple racks of baby backs on the large rib rack tomorrow. This is only my second cook on the new lbge so advice is needed!

Thanks and Gig Em

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Lots of active rib cook posts with good info-just scroll on down the page and consume.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RV10Flyer
    RV10Flyer Posts: 140
    Options
    There are a lot of ways to skin this cat but I basically use the Car Wash Mike's method but I don't spritz at all on the egg.  I actually have a slab on right now.  I rubbed these down with Dizzy Dust.

North Texas

XL and Small BGE

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    250 till bend 90 deg with tong than sauce and eat!!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited July 2013
    Options

My favorite so far is to remove the membrane, pat down with paper towels, add a light coating of mustard then add a good coating of rub.....in my case lately it's been DP Dizzy Dust or Swamp Venom, but have used just about anything.....wrap in cellophane and let them sit in the fridge preferably overnight.  Get the Egg to the 235-250 range and do the 2-1-2 method.....two hours uncovered, one hour wrapped in foil adding a little apple juice, then two more hours uncovered and maybe add sauce for the last hour or so.

There are many variations to this and most any of them will work great on the Egg.  FYI....the longer you cook in foil, the more "fall off the bone" they will be.  Some like that and others don't.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• texbagger
    texbagger Posts: 90
    Options
    I find that 225 is perfect for 5 hours.  I don't foil at all, don't spritz either but will at some point. I have wrapped in foil, towel and cooler at the end of the cook, only if the eating is to take place later.  I foiled once for an hour and the ribs seemed as the meat was falling off the bone, you could literally pull the bones from the rib meat.  It made for a mushy rib and in my opinion, not as good as a full BITE with some resistance.  I find sauce is not really necessary either, but find what works for you. I've never made bad ribs, just some are better than others. I don't think it's possible to mess up ribs as long as you go low and slow. Just don't ever be tempted to crank up the heat to much over 250. I know, I have seen the posts for turbo ribs, I'll pass on that.