Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The 4th of July Challenge

Options
2»

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Dammit...I was gonna post pics of some sausage, but it looks like you already covered that rule.image

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    Can I just post the same stuff I posted on Steven's throw-down?  Strike that.  What's the date range for the cook so we don't have cheaters like VI, Cazzy, Griffin, Little Steven and Cen-Tex posting 5 star cooks from last year's Christmas dinner.....

BTW - I can read the metadata from any picture so I'll catch ya bastardges.
    Good point, Nola.  Date range is June 21 - July 7.  That gives everyone 3 weekends and a Holiday to pull it together. Griffin has already submitted his sausages.  The picture post can be anything you want.
    Milton, GA.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Looks like I have the most likes so far. Sorry about the lack of pics. Dropped my phone into the fire.
    Options
    Say three Hail Marys and abstain from spilling the seed of thy fruit on the ground for two weeks and all will be forgiven. Or as we like to say in Canada, you go to the box..two minutes...you feel shame..den you get free

My god how did I miss all this?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    And to think I was looking forward to a 4 day weekend, sleeping late, lounging around in slippers sipping sherry and all that.  But thanks folks.   Thanks for the reminder there's yet another showdown.  Like I could just ignore it.  I'm not gonna say it's on, but it might be. 
    Options

And to think I was looking forward to a 4 day weekend, sleeping late, lounging around in slippers sipping sherry and all that.  But thanks folks.   Thanks for the reminder there's yet another showdown.  Like I could just ignore it.  I'm not gonna say it's on, but it might be. 

Don't forget your smoking jacket or the champagna.

Wow wowie wow wow wow!

• nolaegghead
    Options
    That was The Continental?  SNL?  Masterful.
    Options

That was The Continental?  SNL?  Masterful.

Indeed. Walken is one of the best hosts ever on that show.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Yeah, we're big fans.  Love the video where he's walking on the walls....and more cowbell please.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Not much says "4th of July week Americana" like going to a Cape Cod League baseball game. It's like walking into a Norman Rockwell painting. College kids live in local homes, get part-time jobs, and play essentially full-time baseball with wooden bats. Everything is supported by volunteers and donations.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX