Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

1st ribs on egg

1st ribs on my xl egg. 3rd time I have ever cooked ribs. 1st 2 times not well on my weber. But with all the advice and info from all of you my knowledge is better. Also have to give credit to the egg. Cooked baked beans, sweet potatoes and slaw. Between rain and having to go repair some traffic signals (on call this week) just have pics of ribs. Temp around 250 for 4 to 5 hours than ramped up 300 till 90 degree bend. They turned out very moist and tender. Had to go on another call as I was serving. When I got back they left me with 3 pieces. They said they were great. Thanks for info.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

Comments

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 1,865
    They look great.

Large BGE 2006, Small BGE 2014, Adjustable Rig R&B, PSWoo3, Thermapen.
    Weber Gasser for the Wife. 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • It was my first rib eggsperiment yesterday as well. Must say I was pleased. I tried out the Mexican Coke theory that has recently been on the boards. I can confirm what y'all already know -- the Egg can crank out some moist and tasty fare. It sure is fun.
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    Jebpot said:
    1st ribs on my xl egg. 3rd time I have ever cooked ribs. 1st 2 times not well on my weber. But with all the advice and info from all of you my knowledge is better. Also have to give credit to the egg. Cooked baked beans, sweet potatoes and slaw. Between rain and having to go repair some traffic signals (on call this week) just have pics of ribs. Temp around 250 for 4 to 5 hours than ramped up 300 till 90 degree bend. They turned out very moist and tender. Had to go on another call as I was serving. When I got back they left me with 3 pieces. They said they were great. Thanks for info.
    Those look great @Jebpot. I hope that the 3 pieces they left you weren't those 3 at the front of the grid!  :))

Although, I'm sure those were good too.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Those look fantastic.

Cookin in Texas
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 700
    It was my first rib eggsperiment yesterday as well. Must say I was pleased. I tried out the Mexican Coke theory that has recently been on the boards. I can confirm what y'all already know -- the Egg can crank out some moist and tasty fare. It sure is fun.

spursinwichita

I see your new. You should probably post this under  New Discussion not hijack Jebpot's

Jebpot said:
    Just wondering why you turned up the heat at the end?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 336
    Had other things cooking ( reason for wanting another egg) and company wanting to eat. Had a call (work)also

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    AH MAN THOSE LOOK GREAT A+
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ