Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

old egg?

2 weeks ago I was gifted an Egg. Only used it a few times and after going to the Egg shop i have noticed a few differences between my Egg and the ones on the display floor. Just wondering how many different incarnations of Eggs are out there?  Mine has a more random pattern on the out side, does not look like a golf ball texture, and has no screen on the bottom vent, even if i purchased one it would not fit into the slot for it. The inner ring has 5 dimples in it not 3. And the handle is smaller no more than 4 inches wide. What have you got?
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,215
    You just have an older model. They updated it late last year, I believe.
    ·
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 225
    This was new May of 11, dimpled , maybe more random than golfball.  Have 5 dimples in the fire ring, smallish wood handle.  Mine has a screen over the damper door.  So it's possible yours could be a later 0x model year.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    edited July 2013
    Heres our egg. About 13 years old. No screen, 3 notches in fire ring. Pretty much all original parts. Works perfect. 

------------
    Beers & BBQ

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,286
    Welcome to the cult, the easy way!
    Never look a gift egg in the mouth (unless it burps first)

Without the fire screen, watch where you have it set up, live embers can fall out during a cook. 
    Enjoy!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    Welcome to the cult, the easy way!
    Never look a gift egg in the mouth (unless it burps first)

Without the fire screen, watch where you have it set up, live embers can fall out during a cook. 
    Enjoy!
    This is true, I've learned the hard way not to cook South Carolina style (barefoot)

Enjoy man
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

·