Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

old egg?

2 weeks ago I was gifted an Egg. Only used it a few times and after going to the Egg shop i have noticed a few differences between my Egg and the ones on the display floor. Just wondering how many different incarnations of Eggs are out there?  Mine has a more random pattern on the out side, does not look like a golf ball texture, and has no screen on the bottom vent, even if i purchased one it would not fit into the slot for it. The inner ring has 5 dimples in it not 3. And the handle is smaller no more than 4 inches wide. What have you got?
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,424
    You just have an older model. They updated it late last year, I believe.
    ·
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 277
    This was new May of 11, dimpled , maybe more random than golfball.  Have 5 dimples in the fire ring, smallish wood handle.  Mine has a screen over the damper door.  So it's possible yours could be a later 0x model year.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    edited July 2013
    Heres our egg. About 13 years old. No screen, 3 notches in fire ring. Pretty much all original parts. Works perfect. 

------------
    Beers & BBQ

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,150
    Welcome to the cult, the easy way!
    Never look a gift egg in the mouth (unless it burps first)

Without the fire screen, watch where you have it set up, live embers can fall out during a cook. 
    Enjoy!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    Welcome to the cult, the easy way!
    Never look a gift egg in the mouth (unless it burps first)

Without the fire screen, watch where you have it set up, live embers can fall out during a cook. 
    Enjoy!
    This is true, I've learned the hard way not to cook South Carolina style (barefoot)

Enjoy man
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

·