Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rutland gasket with Channel

Hi,

I spoke to a local fireplace supplier and asked about the Rutland gasket. She has the size of the gasket mentioned on a spool here http://www.nakedwhiz.com/rutlandgasket/gasket.htm but says that there is a channel in the middle for the glass of the fireplace. Is this what I am looking for?

Thanks for the help
·

Comments

• B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 269
    Mine is smooth just like the completed pic on the link you provided, no channel.  Not sure but they may sell a rope, more rounded, and a tape more flat I have the tape, my neighbor used the rope.  Both worked.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
    ·
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 269
    this is it, the 5/8" x 84" flat version.

Be Well

Knoxville TN
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,758
    I'd get the flat, not the rope.  The rope is like a tube, and once you glue it flat, the "top half" is always going to be loose, if that makes sense.
    What size egg are you doing?  If you have a large or smaller you can buy the kits just about anywhere (online, local hardware store).  If you have an XL, the kits are NOT big enough.
    Also, if you end up getting a kit, don't use the supplied Rutland adhesive, go to any auto parts store and get some Permatex Ultra Copper $6-$7 bucks.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·