Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pork Butt Perfection

JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 1,878
Not that pork butt is difficult but todays Butt turned out excellent. I got the two 7 lbs Butts from Costco on Wednesday rubbed with Fat Boys Cajun Rub Thursday, wrapped and refrigerated until Friday morning. Started the Egg at 5:45 am this morning with some Hickory chunks clear smoke by 6:30 and Egg at 280 put on the Butts with some bushes baked beans in the drip pan. The beans were pulled after a couple hours and refrigerated. At 7:15 and Egg was at 310, closed the bottom vent a little and by 8:00 Egg was back at 275 where it stayed until 4:30.  Butts were at 205 and probe went in like Butter. This was some of my best Butt yet but I always say that....Then I heated up the bean and we feasted

Large BGE 2006, Small BGE 2014, Adjustable Rig R&B, PSWoo3, Thermapen.
Weber Gasser for the Wife. 
Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments