Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The day before the day!

Had a low profile 4th, but tomorrow we host our annual beach party. Today is cooking day, yesterday was cleaning day. (wife cleaned and I got a round of golf in at the club). The menu is as follows: pulled pork, pulled beef, sausage sandwiches, homemade buns, apple pie beans, buffalo coleslaw (came up with a recipe earlier in the week), fatties (hot pepper, tater tots & cheddar, and peirogie). Pulled beef and pork are done along with the buns. Today I'll be making beans, slaw and putting the fatties together. Oh, and I have a ton of veggies to smoke and chop for salsa. The egg will be working OT today!

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    @70chevelle, please post directions and times!!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • 70chevelle
    70chevelle Posts: 280
    edited July 2013
    TOTN, I think I'm about 20 hours away in the Pittsburgh region of PA. If u leave now, you could probably make it! BGBG - u can search Kerri Hoggs apple pie beans and check out the recipe, but here's a quick rundown, beans, BBQ sauce, leftover pulled pork or beef, bacon, and apple or peach pie filling, cooked/smoked in a Dutch oven. They are fantastic, I've been making them for a few years now and are a crowd pleaser.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Wow! Those beans sound delicious. I've got some leftover pulled pork in my freezer and was planning on ribs for tomorrow night. These beans will definitely be on the menu.

Obviously, I've now tipped my hand in so far as I won't be driving down to PA but, thanks for the invite! 
    ;)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I want to see those fattys. SWMBO is from Baden and everytime the in laws come down they stop by the church to bring us down a few dozen.
    MBGE in Charleston

• 70chevelle
    70chevelle Posts: 280
    Finster, I'll try to get a few pics! Oh, and I forgot about the salmon I seasoned and have to smoke today also. The guest list kind of got away from us also. We normally have around 30-40 people. My wife and I were going over the rsvps and stopped counting at 80.