Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Red White and Blue pies - Happy 4th

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,439
Three Blueberry, three raspberry on a white plate.  Great way to start the holiday.  Mmmmmm Pie!
And then 19 pounds of pork on to the Egg.  
It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
- Camp Hill, PA

• I'll take one of each...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,214
    Pocket pie/turnovers - great way to start the day! Enjoy your 4th TJ!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Looks great!  I did a batch of these earlier this week (did we get the same issue of Bon Appetit?) and they paired well with homemade ice-cream :)
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,439
    I saw them online - may have been Bon Appetit.  Didn't follow the recipe though. Went simple with store bought pie dough and pie filling.  Threw in a few fresh blueberries.  
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • JamieoroJamieoro Posts: 180
    Looks awesome!
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Love the versatility of the EGG. I love it when my neighbors see me pulling a fresh baked loaf of bread off the EGG. 
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    Egg's getting a workout today.  Fired it up at 7 AM for the pies, followed by the pork.  Plan was to go turbo.  Egg settled in at 330.  IT was 160, and I figured I had time before wrapping in foil so ran to the store.  Took longer than planed, and got back and IT is now 185.  Going to forget the foil and just let them finish. No real rush - just need to be done in time for tonights Porterhouse.  Pork will be pulled and frozen for next weeks family reunion.
    - Camp Hill, PA
    Forgot the pic
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • grEGGorysgrEGGorys Posts: 168
    Looks real good. I would pull it and freeze it but I am afraid that it would be short some as I couldn't pass up not tasting it for quality control.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 432
    We did something similar, here's our Red, White & Blue (Cherry, Apple & Blueberry) Independence day pie. As you see I had to break out the P225 to dissuade the hungry masses from swiping my yummy pie.
    image.jpg 1.4M

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • OspreydogOspreydog Posts: 90
    Here is ours.
    image.jpg 279.6K