Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First St. Louis spares

This is my first attempt at ribs on the egg. 350 raised indirect for about 2 hours. Liberal dusting with Arthur Bryant's rib rub with a little Bad Byron's thrown in for good measure. Been lurking here for a long time, hope I've learned a little. Will let you know how they turned out.
·

Comments

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,688
    Please be sure to post some pics, looking forward to the finish.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • CremasterCremaster Posts: 32
    Here they is. They weren't the best I have ever eaten, but they were the best I have ever cooked.
    image.jpg 1.4M
    image.jpg 801K
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,666
    I did some St. Louis today at they turned out perfect, I cooked them at 260 indirect for about 4-1/2 hours. 

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,688
    @Cremaster, very good looking ribs; you're getting there!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • CremasterCremaster Posts: 32
    Thanks Jaydub. I'll keep on trying  
    ·