Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's going on your Egg for the 4th of July?

13»

Comments

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,447
    My local butcher saved the day.  Our get together got rained out today, so we're staying home.  My butcher was open until 1:30 today.  Stopped in and grabbed three beautiful ribeye steaks.

Gonna make these along with them: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/

Reloaded the fridge with more beer and ready to roll!
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

"REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Burgers and brats !!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • HotwingkingHotwingking Posts: 183
    Doing ribs to take to my sis-in-laws pool party
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Two pork butts, going turbo.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 420
    @WalrusBBQ - Love that Hendricks Gin but at $65 for a 1.75 ptr bottle................ever tried Citadelle Gin?  

Anyway, Happy 4th.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,210
    My last 4-oz steak, last cheesy baked potato, and last apple tartlet, all courtesy of Omaha Steaks, all done on the small with Jack Daniels barrel chips.  Also had a bowl of pinto beans, Hatch green chile, carmelized onion, garlic, and cumin; yum!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,283
    Tri-tip direct with chunks of whatever oak is growing in my neighbor's yard.  We call it "live oak". 

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    Family in town to see the baby so a bust weekend on the Egg. Pork butt just going on, but doing duck tomorrow and picanha on Saturday.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • My first spare ribs smoke. So far so good.
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,210
    CPARKTX said:
    Family in town to see the baby so a bust weekend on the Egg. Pork butt just going on, but doing duck tomorrow and picanha on Saturday.
    What's "picanha"?  It stumped my computer's dictionary...  :-B

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • erniemcclainerniemcclain Posts: 367

Ribs.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    edited July 2013
    Botch said:
    CPARKTX said:
    What's "picanha"?  It stumped my computer's dictionary...  :-B

Picanha has many other names: rump cap, top sirloin cap, and when cut into steaks coulotte. Butchers meat cutting guides IMPS/NAMPS identify it as #184D. It is popular at the Brazilian steak houses where they bring it out on swords/skewers and slice it thinly at your table.

Tasty stuff but hard for me to find around here unless I want to cut it off of a Top Sirloin Butt and I'm not nearly as crazy about the rest of the sirloin.

Brisket on my Egg today for the 4th.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • dawsonhulldawsonhull Posts: 105
    Out of town and don't have my Egg with me but just pulled these guys off the smoker!
    image.jpg 2.2M
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,668
    Bone in, @ 190 but going to leave another 90 mins until guests arrive so going real low.

Note the taste pulls.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Curry wings, pork/beef bugers, grilled pineapple
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Red White and Blue Pies followed by 19 pounds of pulled pork, which was pulled and into the freezer for next weeks family reunion (separate post).  Then for dinner, a 2 pound Porterhouse with baked potatoes and corn on the cob.  Long day of Egging.