Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spareribs To Go Advice

Options
So I have three racks in the foil stage now.  On a 3-2-1 I have about 1.5 hours left on the foil.  My issue is that we have to leave at in 2 hours to go the relatives for the cookout and we dont actually eat until around 6.

Should I just finish the ribs and, if so, what is the best way to get them ready some three hours after they are done for the dinner?

Should I pull the ribs after foil and finish them on  the grill (gasp!) at the brothers in law?

Should I refrigerate them in the meantime?  

Any advice appreciated.  My original plan was to get up and finish them, refrigerate, and then just heat them up on site.  Not sure what the best plan is now. 

Thanks in advance and Happy Fourth of July!!!

Comments

• thewindwardegg
    Options
    to clarify this means that ribs need to be "on hold for about 3 hours"

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,342
    Options
    May be late to this party but I would put all three racks together in a tightly double wrapped foil pack once the cook is finished-then into a cooler with lots of towels to take up the dead spacer and hold til ready to eat.  With a good cooler and elimination of the dead air space you should easily get three hours hold and then open 'em up and consume.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    Options
    +1.  Have done it several times
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    It's nicer to bring a finished product, but once you foil them you can finish them pretty much anywhere, even **gulp** on a gasser. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.