Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

4th of July... And Christmas

hapsterhapster Posts: 6,934
Later today I do the the 4th cook of burger and dogs. Nohthing wrong with that...

Sitting here now; I'm sufficentuly pickled to wrap non Christmas gifts.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Me? I ain't afraid to admit my short comings.

Just so it's in the record; I ain't admitting too ****!!!

:))
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Have a great 4th Hap.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    What about Max Sherzer? Having a hell of a year so far.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,298
    I don't have any "short"comings. I'm 6'5".
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    edited July 2013
    I don't have any "short"comings. I'm 6'5".
    You'd be average height in Bridget's family.  She's 5' 12", and half her brothers and dad are north of that 6'5".  She's the youngest of 8.  Born and raised in Algiers, where we live.   I know the oxygen is a little thin up there Dylan...my condolences. ;)

·
    She is someone to look up to, for most.
    ·
    Nurse Ratchet would be terrified of her. She's a force of nature, more competent than many of the doctors...she threatened to stab village idiot when he threatened me.  All in jest, or maybe not????  (bwaahahahah...ummm)

·
    Most nurses are. Our primary role in Shock Trauma was to protect patients from the residents.
    ·
    ...and family members.  Back seat doctors.

·
    My favorite story is the PhD who went by "Doctor" and had a neice with a TBI. Looked at me like I had 2 heads when explaining things until I figured out he was a doctor of theology. Back to 7th grade reading level for you, sir.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,934
    Thanks guys... That Sailor Jerry is a wily devil.

This is a great forum; and full of understanding people. I will likely post some egging pictures tomorrow. After that; its anyone's guess... We are going to my wife's cousin's house, gasser, and there is not telling how long I'll be on a hunger strike.

No fears though... I likely (actually most definitely)  have enough fat to survive a few days away from my egg

A few days away from the forum and posting pics? Not a chance!

H
    ·
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 617

Enter your burgers in the 4th throwdown, Hap.  Saaaaay - You're a photographer - I bet you have a patriotic pic somewhere in your portfolio  - a nice but rub could be yours.....

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1154167/vote-for-the-best-cook#latest

Milton, GA.
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    @hapster Are you gonna stuff them burgers? Have you ever spiral sliced hot dogs? Run a skewer down the middle then run a knife around the dog at an angle, I have rolled them on cutting board. It makes for more crispy edges and nooks and crannies to capture the toppings. Maybe a siracha catsup?

Have a great 4th!
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
    DMurf said:
    @hapster Are you gonna stuff them burgers? Have you ever spiral sliced hot dogs? Run a skewer down the middle then run a knife around the dog at an angle, I have rolled them on cutting board. It makes for more crispy edges and nooks and crannies to capture the toppings. Maybe a siracha catsup?

Have a great 4th!
    Thanks... You too!

I'm sinning by going with frozen Bubba Burgers (ducks quickly)... I might try the spiral dog thing, the issue would be the dogs I have come with a nice thick casing that kind of snaps when you bite it. Great dogs
    ·
    Agreed that there is nothing better that a great snap when you bite into a dog, but if you are just making dogs I like Nathan's or Hebrew National the spiral cut spiffs them up. Really nice if you like to add Pico de Gallo as a topping or let the chili sauce really nestle in to the bite.

BTW great patriotic photos on the other post, my favorite is the girl holding the flag.
    David
    ·
    Thanks @DMurf...

The little girl is my daughter :)
    ·
    I thought I recognized her from photos around Christmas. You have a great subject there.
    David
    ·
    Some progress pics...

Titos and lime-aid

imageimage
    image.jpg 949.9K
    image.jpg 585.7K
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    @hapster said:  I'm sinning by going with frozen Bubba Burgers (ducks quickly)... I might try the spiral dog thing, the issue would be the dogs I have come with a nice thick casing that kind of snaps when you bite it. Great dogs

Had some great 'snap' dogs for lunch.  Berks, a local PA brand, out of Reading.  Good, old fashioned hot dogs like I remember as a kid.  
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    That Titos with limeade looks REALLY GOOD HAP!!! Might have to roll with that tonight for my drinks.
    ·