Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Drinking At This Moment?

Options

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch.

I don't know how you drink scotch. Maybe my taste buds will develop at some point. I am only 16 after all
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options

Right now it 's coffee. Just put the apple pie on.

Last night it was Labbatts Blue the a Beam Manhattan.And the Tigers won.

Now this afternoon while doing BB ribs I may hoist a few Heniken. Then wine . Then a manhattan. Then snore!

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    15 pound brisket hit 196 at 3:20 am after only 10.5 hours at 250. Rolled off the chaise, foiled, toweled, coolered. Finished half a warm Coors light, back in the chaise. Little case of the liver quivers, so Irished up the joe this morning...much better. Gonna take a few hours off I do believe, then I'm a hit a few of those Hemingway G&Ts with some Ransom. Giddyup.
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    Time to reload or crack open the 12 year... Happy 4th everyone.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Off to a better start today. Based on recs on this forum I picked up a bottle of Ommegang Double to drink when I am cooking later - and a South African Pinotage - "Dark Lady of the Labyrinth" to drink with burgers, brats, and kielbasa.
    If you've never had a Pinotage, you should try it. We discovered it in South Africa and really liked it. When I asked about it in the US, I was told "nobody will buy it because it tastes like bacon".
    I, of course, thought "BACON WINE! No wonder we like it so much". After it breathes a while it smells and tastes like a Texas smokehouse. It's the perfect grape for a wine to drink while grilling.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Possibly some Double Oak or "46" later... Some Sunset Wheat tween now and then, as I just got it in the ice water...

Have some Fat Bastard 2011 Cabernet for dinner with the dogs and burgers...
  • CowboyEngineer
    Options
    Shiner Ruby Redbird
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    Managed to beat the cold of yesterday by draining the bottle of Elijah Craig. My Grandma used to give us a shot of warmed up rye mixed with brown sugar but that was 49 years ago. Now I'm 54 so I guess there is a little more required. Drinking water at the moment thanks to that resistance!!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Coffee, fighting off the crown from last night. Happy fourth! Pig shots and wings going on the egg in a couple hours. Then...hair of the dog.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just made the first couple cups from my new gadget....

Options
    XLBalco said:

I just had that last week, I enjoyed it. Any other suggestions fir Belgians? I've done Chimay, La fin du monde, etc and in branching out. I also really enjoy Orval, but only can get it in a single 12 oz.

tonight I am drinking Sierra Nevada torpedo ipa.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Leffe
    Trois Pistoles (same brewery as La fin du monde)- anything from them is nice (and strong- they are Canadians)
    Anything from Ommegang
    Delirium Tremens
    Duval

Those will all get you started down a dark and wonderful path.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My buddy in Minneapolis recommended Surly

"It's never to early to drink Surly..."

http://www.surlybrewing.com/beer/year-round-beers.html
    Options
    I think today is going to be a beer day. Got a 12er of Stone IPA, a few growlers of ales I have never had, and the cheap domestic beer for when I am drunk and can't enjoy the nice stuff anyway. Wife is on way from parents house. Wonder if she is going to be mad that I am already a few deep at 12:30.... It is freaking Independence Day. Gulp.
  • WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    Options
    Tanquery, tonic, lime

Later Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

After all I do have to work tomorrow!
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• Scottyboy
    Scottyboy Posts: 40
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sun King Osiris IPA. Gettin ready to egg some nice thick ribeyes here in a bit.
    XL, LBGE, Adjustable Rig
    Shelbyville, IN
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    Sweet Tea right now.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • GQuiz
    Options

Coffee, fighting off the crown from last night. Happy fourth! Pig shots and wings going on the egg in a couple hours. Then...hair of the dog.

Party at @Sumoconnell's today. Pig Shots, Wings and some whiskey... God Bless America!

• GQuiz
    Options
    Anybody know if they sell liquor in Florida grocery stores? Gonna have my toes in the water and ass in the sand Saturday in Destin. Curious if I'll be able to wobble to Winn-Dixie for some Weller.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Wild turkey and coke. 101, none of that 80 proof crap.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Leffe
    Trois Pistoles (same brewery as La fin du monde)- anything from them is nice (and strong- they are Canadians)
    Anything from Ommegang
    Delirium Tremens
    Duval

Those will all get you started down a dark and wonderful path.

I have had 3 philosophers from Ommegang and I really enjoyed it.  Duval I didn't like, but it might be better aged?  I have had Unibroue' others such as Le Terrible, but not the one you mentioned.  I'll try the others too, thanks for the recommendations! 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I would add Pannepot, La Chouffe, Rochefort, and Gulden Draak to that list.  Four of my fav's.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Sam Adams... Then PBR... Then Woodford
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited July 2013
    Options
    henapple said:

Sam Adams... Then PBR... Then Woodford

Ouch. I take it you done bye the whole "beer before liquor, never been sicker" shenanigans from college huh? Or late middle school early highschool in my case [-X
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I think today is going to be a beer day. Got a 12er of Stone IPA, a few growlers of ales I have never had, and the cheap domestic beer for when I am drunk and can't enjoy the nice stuff anyway. Wife is on way from parents house. Wonder if she is going to be mad that I am already a few deep at 12:30.... It is freaking Independence Day. Gulp.
    It is independence day, indeed. I'm sure she will gladly set you free if you give her a reason. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • dayzed&confused
    Options
    Coffee for now. I will probley switch to Bud later this afternoon. I,m a cheap drinker. I am being lazy today and just cooking chicken breast
    San Angelo, texas
  • claybrn
    claybrn Posts: 31
    Options
    Chubbs said:

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch.

I don't know how you drink scotch. Maybe my taste buds will develop at some point. I am only 16 after all
    I was always told you have to be over 50 to drink scotch or smoke a pipe. Something to look forward to, I suppose...
  • qprhooligan
    qprhooligan Posts: 126
    Options
    Since I don't drink alcohol, I am having a hot tea.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Miller high life. The champagne of beers.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited July 2013
    Options
    GQuiz said:
    Anybody know if they sell liquor in Florida grocery stores? Gonna have my toes in the water and ass in the sand Saturday in Destin. Curious if I'll be able to wobble to Winn-Dixie for some Weller.
    It is very rare to find hard liquor in a Florida grocery store, but many have attached package stores.  You can always find wine and beer in the grocery.  ABCs abound.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys