Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rock Barbeque Customer Service/Stoker Wifi

Tak
Tak Posts: 145
Hi guys!....was wondering if anyone who has a Stoker could tell me about the customer service they get....I'm looking at getting one and want to make sure folks are happy with the service they receive....appreciate any comments....Happy 4th!!!!

Comments

• bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    I've had mine since march and I haven't had to use customer service yet. It works flawless. The Naked Whiz has an excellent write up on his website for setting it up. I work 3rd shift and use it to monitor my cooks while I'm at work.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• Tak
    Great!....may I ask how long ti took to get it?...the website says 1-2 weeks....I use Apple router....did you have any difficulty getting on the network?...sorry for all the questions...really want to pull the trigger to get this....thanks
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    I've had mine for 1.5 years and I'm very happy. I had a problem with my first one. I sent it back and they said it could've been wet and there were spiders living in it. They tested it and said it worked for them. I talked to the owner and told him that the service department couldn't find any problems but I know I had problems with it. He sent me a brand new one complete with all new temp probes. I now keep it sealed better and loving it.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Tak

Thats great to hear....appreciate your experience with them....guess I want to make sure if I make this kind of $ investment that its a good one...by the sounds of your experience I'll be ok

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    I have the older Stoker (non-Wifi) and had a fan that didn't work. Rock's sent me a replacement fan in advance of me sending back the faulty one. All has been well since. If you have any cust service needs with them I'd ask for Kenny (the Manager there).
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Tak
    Thanks guys for the info....I have placed the order and am looking forward to using this unit...appreciate all the info you get in this forum....
  • bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    Tak said:
    Great!....may I ask how long ti took to get it?...the website says 1-2 weeks....I use Apple router....did you have any difficulty getting on the network?...sorry for all the questions...really want to pull the trigger to get this....thanks
    It took about 17 days to get mine, Seemed like forever. I am using a Linksys router like the one on Naked Whiz website. Wasn't any problem to set it up. I have a shortcut on my phone that points to my home network and is routed to the stoker when I am using it.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• Tak
    Thanks for the response...I was getting nervous that there might be a problem with my order....but if it took 17 days guess I will have just wait...LOL...