Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

July 4th Brisket

atbarratbarr Posts: 26
Well the rain held off until I got everything going. I put a chimney cap on top to keep the rain out, and a baggie over the remote transmitter. I won't need to open until late this evening. You can't beat a BGE. Some French's mustard and Butt rub.

A.T.
·

Comments

• bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,007

Looks like a great start.

I have a 19 lb going on Saturday morning.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Are those two flats?
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • atbarratbarr Posts: 26
    Yes sir, two flats.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,435
    I would put some foil under the parts that are exposed outside the drip pan to cut down on the overcook possibilities.  Flats are tricky but even the singles and strike-outs are good in Q sammiches.  Enjoy the cook!
    Louisville
    ·
    Yep, I'll remember that next time. I'm still having trouble keeping my BGE smoking for over 5 hrs. So there in my oven at 230 degrees.
    Brisket 2.JPG 170.3K
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,425
    5 hrs... What sort of problems?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    The temperature was at 180, when I pulled them.
    ·
  • sporktaorsporktaor Posts: 16
    Maybe a hiQ would help with ash flow. Could be charcoal with a lot of ash or old ash build up.
    ·