Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4 new DP rubs tried tonight and killer roasted potato/asparagus side

Options
Got 4 new Dizzy Pig Rubs tonight.  Original, Tsunami Spin, Swamp Venom, and Red Eye.  I decided I would see how each tasted on some chicken strips.  I LIKED ALL OF THEM.  I will say that they were slightly overshadowed by my wife's side dish. 

Here are the 4 different rubs on the chicken, and the real dinner winner with description is below.  You need to try it!!!

My wife made these roasted potatoes and asparagus. They were awesome and actually pretty healthy!

Recipe:
1 bunch fresh asparagus
1-2 pounds new potatoes (cut into bite size pieces)
olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 T. dried Italian dressing mix
salt and pepper
1-2 T. fresh basil, chopped
grated Parmesan cheese, for serving

1. Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl or bag toss potatoes, asparagus, 2-3 T. olive oil, garlic, Italian drsg, and plenty of salt and pepper.
2. Grease a sheet pan and roast veggies for 35-45 minutes until potatoes are tender. Garnish with basil and serve with cheese.

LBGE
Zionsville, IN

Comments

• rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    Options
    That all sounds amazing! Not a big asparagus fan but I would definitely give that a try.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Taters and asparagus looks great... thanks for posting. We've got some extra mini red skins that we did not use for potato salad this past weekend. I think I'll ask Mrs. TOTN to pick up some asparagus today and we'll have that tonight.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I dig the veggies. Will test it out.
  • TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Options
    Tsunami Spin is my favorite DP offering for any non-beef dish.  Great on fish, scallops, shrimp, chicken, wings, pork loin, chops, etc... 

If you haven't tried the Pineapple Head yet it really makes veggies 'pop' .... especially sweet 'taters, and makes an insane caramelized fresh grilled pineapple, and wakes up any ham slices/steaks. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Tsunami Spin is my favorite DP offering for any non-beef dish.  Great on fish, scallops, shrimp, chicken, wings, pork loin, chops, etc... 

If you haven't tried the Pineapple Head yet it really makes veggies 'pop' .... especially sweet 'taters, and makes an insane caramelized fresh grilled pineapple, and wakes up any ham slices/steaks. 

Couldn't agree more about the Pineapple Head on grilled pineapple! I've also used it on salmon and it was great.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I am digging the potato/asparagus dish. a must try
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Thanks again for posting the tater and asparagus recipe @Eggucator. Did them last night and they were delicious. I did mine in a pyrex baking dish on the egg -- 400* for about 45 minutes.
    Options
    Also did the potato/asparagus side last night. Everyone thought it was outstanding!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I haven't been able to try many of the DP products and now I've got so many rubs it might be a while.

Some lucky egger is going to win a great DP package. 4 bottles of rub and samples of theiroothers.

http://www.stayclassy.org/events/big-green-egg-forum-friends-give-back/e25433
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN