Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Chuck Roast Plans

Planning on making some beef enchiladas.  My plan is to smoke the roast on the egg and take it to about 200 internal, shred it, fill tortillas with it and then bake it for a little while in the regular oven.  I haven't smoked a roast before so, will this plan work??  I don't want the meat to be mushy but fork tender.
Scooter 
Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge

Comments

• EggucatorEggucator Posts: 179
    Sounds good! I sometimes go a little higher IT on my chuck roasts.  You can feel it when you are probing whether it is ready to pull or not. 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 2,651
    When I do a chuck roast I will smoke it at 250-275 until the IT temp is 160-165 then pull and foil and raise the eggs temp to 350 Your good pulling temp will be between 210-220. I start checking for tenderness about 205. It generally will take about 6-7hrs for a 3-4lb chuck

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky. Waitin to find a Sasquatch to Egg.