Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

4 new DP rubs tried tonight and killer roasted potato/asparagus side

Got 4 new Dizzy Pig Rubs tonight.  Original, Tsunami Spin, Swamp Venom, and Red Eye.  I decided I would see how each tasted on some chicken strips.  I LIKED ALL OF THEM.  I will say that they were slightly overshadowed by my wife's side dish. 

Here are the 4 different rubs on the chicken, and the real dinner winner with description is below.  You need to try it!!!

My wife made these roasted potatoes and asparagus. They were awesome and actually pretty healthy!

Recipe:
1 bunch fresh asparagus
1-2 pounds new potatoes (cut into bite size pieces)
olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 T. dried Italian dressing mix
salt and pepper
1-2 T. fresh basil, chopped
grated Parmesan cheese, for serving

1. Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl or bag toss potatoes, asparagus, 2-3 T. olive oil, garlic, Italian drsg, and plenty of salt and pepper.
2. Grease a sheet pan and roast veggies for 35-45 minutes until potatoes are tender. Garnish with basil and serve with cheese.

LBGE
Zionsville, IN
photo.JPG 120.8K
photo.JPG 203.7K
·

Comments

• rholtrholt Posts: 368
    That all sounds amazing! Not a big asparagus fan but I would definitely give that a try.
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,761
    Taters and asparagus looks great... thanks for posting. We've got some extra mini red skins that we did not use for potato salad this past weekend. I think I'll ask Mrs. TOTN to pick up some asparagus today and we'll have that tonight.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I dig the veggies. Will test it out.
    ·
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Tsunami Spin is my favorite DP offering for any non-beef dish.  Great on fish, scallops, shrimp, chicken, wings, pork loin, chops, etc... 

If you haven't tried the Pineapple Head yet it really makes veggies 'pop' .... especially sweet 'taters, and makes an insane caramelized fresh grilled pineapple, and wakes up any ham slices/steaks. 

·
    Tsunami Spin is my favorite DP offering for any non-beef dish.  Great on fish, scallops, shrimp, chicken, wings, pork loin, chops, etc... 

If you haven't tried the Pineapple Head yet it really makes veggies 'pop' .... especially sweet 'taters, and makes an insane caramelized fresh grilled pineapple, and wakes up any ham slices/steaks. 

Couldn't agree more about the Pineapple Head on grilled pineapple! I've also used it on salmon and it was great.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I am digging the potato/asparagus dish. a must try
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
    Thanks again for posting the tater and asparagus recipe @Eggucator. Did them last night and they were delicious. I did mine in a pyrex baking dish on the egg -- 400* for about 45 minutes.
    Also did the potato/asparagus side last night. Everyone thought it was outstanding!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blue Ridge, Ga.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,279
    I haven't been able to try many of the DP products and now I've got so many rubs it might be a while.

Some lucky egger is going to win a great DP package. 4 bottles of rub and samples of theiroothers.

http://www.stayclassy.org/events/big-green-egg-forum-friends-give-back/e25433
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·