Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza tonight

Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,331
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum

The two hour dough from Martha Stewart recipe that was frozen on June 21 (http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1153570/pizza-tonight#latest)

Out of the freezer into fridge this AM.  2+hours at RT tonight.   The dough flavor very tasty, didn’t develop the large air bubbles as fresh, but did toast up nicely. 

Cooked at 525,  high in the dome, 4minutes, rotated 180 (have a hot spot on the right side of the small) 90 degrees for 2 more minutes.  Removed the parchment and cooked 1 minute more.

Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
·

Comments

• Nice looking pie. Yum. Happy 4th.

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,331
    Thanks, and a happy fourth to you and the family.  We are off to Big D tomorrow.  Watching the fireworks from the back porch, must be firing them at Zilker Park

Have mini will travel
    ·
  • I thought about doing a pie this weekend and other plans got in the way. Now I'm jealous! I need to try that dough recipe. Looks amazing!
    ·
    edited July 2013
    Thanks  I think it had a more nuttier flavor tonight than the fresh dough.  Other half is a topping person usually throws me his crust.....Not with this dough.  Even with beagle eyes he wasn't sharing his crust  :-)
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,453
    I am going to try this dough. Tomorrow is a butt and I dying to try a pulled pork pizza. It's taken me a while to get the craving for pork again after the marathon of 48 butts last fall. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
    Go for it Granny.  I know your butt will be a winner.  
    ·
  • Wow! 3 awesome girls posting on one thread! It's like a lady renaissance around here. Hope we see more of this.

·
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,022
    I just mixed up a kilo of tipo at 65% hydration, just used up the last and got a new shipment in today from Italy.  Say hello to my little (dough) friend.  (I really need to stop drinking). 

·