Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's going on your Egg for the 4th of July?

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Car Wash Mike ribs
    Thats one way to get your count up.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Say hello to my little friend.
  • rsmith193
    rsmith193 Posts: 219
    I am doing a full test cook for an up-coming competition. 20 chicken thighs, 2 pork butts, 4 racks of ribs, 2 full packer briskets.
  • Arbucklej
    Arbucklej Posts: 90
    going camping so wont be able to take the bge...I have a portable for camping but it is no bge
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    My birthday is on the 2nd so we always do a big party, I am not sure about the exact menu, but I will be breaking in the Ceramic Grill Works two-tier for the small egg! I am very excited to get more room in the little guy! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • TravisB
    TravisB Posts: 10
    Pulled Pork here. Actually cooking it right now.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Faux Cochon De Lait..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited July 2013
    Haven't decided yet. Either brisket, ribs or steaks.  I know I'll be making some moink balls for the gathering on the 4th.
    I'm leaning towards ribs one day and steaks another day.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Butts n Ribs, brats n ABT's.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    My three Eggs will be looking at each other. They will not be working :@) 3:-O ~:> :(
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    been awhile since ive cooked anything but wings or thighs. have new neighbors on both sides of me so thinking my first pulled pork cook of the year. while its the 4th of july, the big party day here is sebago days in a couple weeks
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Ribs, pork tenderloin and maybe something else too
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jellyworm
    Jellyworm Posts: 96
    Pulled pork, ribs, brisket and  pork tenderloins.  Will be cooking all four days as lots of family and friends in town.
    Large BGE
    Houston, TX
  • bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    edited July 2013
    I wont be cooking on the fourth, goin on a motorcycle ride all day. But I will be cooking a butt on Friday night in the egg and firing up the stick burner on Saturday for large amounts of chicken and baked beans.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Just picked up some of the meatiest babyback ribs I've seen in a long time.

FYI. Fresh Market has bogo on babybacks thru Friday.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Pulled Pork from Wicked Good Barbecue. The recipe took first place in the 2009 Jack Daniels World Championship. I've done many Boston Butts over the years, but his is my first Boston Butt done on the Egg. If this recipe is anywhere near as good as the ribs I made last weekend from this cookbook.... Let me just say I am Eggcited.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Toolmaster
    Toolmaster Posts: 41
    4 slabs . Haven't made up my mind what I will put on them. But I bet they will be good. Happy 4th.

I went to bed last night mean and woke up meaner !  
    "Matt Dillon"

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Got a few big ol' slabs of ribs sittin in the fridge awaiting the egg tomorrow!
    NW IOWA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I have no idea.  Thinking about a couple of tri-tips I have in the freezer coupled with some of that Oakridge Santa Maria spice Cazzy hooked me up with. 
    Only doing Ribs tomorrow, 3 racks of baby backs and 3 racks of St. Louis I picked up at Costco. Going to rub them with Dizzy Dust, Swamp Venom, Fat Boys Cajun Rub and going to try some with Old Bay and may even sauce a couple with Stubbs Original. Special thanks to @Dyal for the boiled peanuts idea which I did tonight in the Turkey Fryer.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    JRWhitee said:
    Only doing Ribs tomorrow, 3 racks of baby backs and 3 racks of St. Louis I picked up at Costco. Going to rub them with Dizzy Dust, Swamp Venom, Fat Boys Cajun Rub and going to try some with Old Bay and may even sauce a couple with Stubbs Original. Special thanks to @Dyal for the boiled peanuts idea which I did tonight in the Turkey Fryer.
    How'd they turn out?  I'd love to make them but Bridget hates the smell (her dad used to make them) and I don't know where to buy raw peanuts. (sadface)
    I got the "Green Peanuts" at H-Mart. They turned out great, did them on the deck in the Turkey fryer, no smell.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • TEggSun
    TEggSun Posts: 244
    Change of plans:  Brisket point, corn on the cob, hot crash potatoes.  Timing is going to be a challenge.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• nolaegghead
    JRWhitee said:
    I got the "Green Peanuts" at H-Mart. They turned out great, did them on the deck in the Turkey fryer, no smell.

Thanks! I'll have to keep an eye out.  We're deep south, they gotta have em somewhere other than cans....
    Spareribs and brisket. I just rubbed the ribs. Costco 3 pack. Mr. Brisket will just be enjoying some salt and pepa. Shoop bey oop.
  • WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    Inside the egg:

Inside me:

------------
    Beers & BBQ

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Have 3 slabs of STLs very happy in the fridge right now along w two pork tenderloins.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    thetrim said:

Have 3 slabs of STLs very happy in the fridge right now along w two pork tenderloins.

Me too!
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    BigGreenBamaGriller Posts: 629
    edited July 2013
    Spare ribs... I had all intentions of doing a pork crown roast, but the family began a chant in unison for ribs. 
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    I'll be cooking up a mess of hot-wings for vacu sealing and freezing, pork riblets for same, and a mexican Molcajete with chorizo, carne, shrimp, veggies and warm tortillas to enjoy today. Cover me, I'm going in.....
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)