Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Egger

Hey everyone, I have been on the site for a couple weeks and just got approved. I have already learned a lot from reading numerous posts, some pertaining to the same questions I had. Anyway, I just recently got a Med Egg and absolutely love it! I love to cook, especially for friends and family and the Egg has definitely moved me up to the next level. Before, I was doing everything on a Weber using the Somkenator 2000. The set up worked OK especially considering it was only $70 for the whole set up. Now that I have the Egg I will never look back! Hope to learn a lot from everyone and can't wait to share some of my upcoming "Eggventures"
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    edited June 2013
    Welcome and love the dog ref (I do to).
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Welcome from a fellow dog lover
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,609
    Welcome aboard @shadowcaster.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Welcome Shadow. I like your sig line. My variation iis "If there is life after death, I want to come back as a dog owned by someone in my family." Talk about having it made!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
    ·
  • TixunauTixunau Posts: 71
    Welcome!!!
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    edited June 2013

Welcome Shadowcaster!  Many X Weber users here.  Cooked for many years on my webers, and was getting good at turning out good food.  With your egg, the food comes out good everytime!!

It's like having a weber , but with a thermostat on it !

;)
    ·
  • Welcome!  Looking forward to seeing your cooks!

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • Welcome from another dog lover, this is an awesome forum.  Have fun.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • freedog74freedog74 Posts: 62
    Welcome and looking forward to seeing your cooks as well!
    ·
  • shadowcastershadowcaster Posts: 561
    Thanks everyone! Looks like I found another new addiction haha
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
  • finsterfinster Posts: 133
    It has only just begun.
    MBGE in Charleston

·
  • 69BBQcrew69BBQcrew Posts: 12
    New Egger as well. Just set mine up and trying some baby backs. I will post pictures when done.
    LBGE 2013
    Weber Genesis series 
    ·
  • claybrnclaybrn Posts: 31
    Welcome to the club!
    ·
  • Welcome - you will never get bored with the variety of foods that can come out of the Egg.
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    It's not a club or hobby it's a cult. Go to an eggfest and you will know what I mean.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • finsterfinster Posts: 133
    Fellow medium, hey bud.
    MBGE in Charleston

·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,666
    Welcome to the Forum and the Egghead community.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·