Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

help determining the year of this egg

Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help me figure out approx. how old this egg is. Its used and up for sale.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    Guess is 15 years old.

My criteria if I were examining a used egg would be condition then price then eggcessories then age. Age don't matter if its in excellent or shotty condition.

Just my .02
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• dmaroisdmarois Posts: 52
    does 15 years old put it in the clay category that ive read about?
  • Pork N SteinPork N Stein Posts: 154
    Its not clay, and its not old enough to have the visible seam & non spring assist hinge, so I'd agree if condition is good and internals aren't cracked etc, then age is less a factor.
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
  • dmaroisdmarois Posts: 52
    they are asking 500 for it with the table and place setter, I think a large new around here goes for about 1000 is this a decent deal?
  • LitLit Posts: 5,836
    I would not buy it. Wait for an eggfest and het a demo with a warranty. The large demo at egging in the mountains was $609 I believe. You need to see the back of the band to age it if it has springs its no more than 10-12 years old.