Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DigiQ or CyberQ

I am a new egger... just got my XL last friday and have successfully seared steaks and slow cooked chickens and a pork loin.  I want to cook a brisket and I feel like I need a digi q.  I don't have wifi and i don't know that i want the added expense of wifi in my home just to slow cook on my egg.  Thoughts?

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    If you don't have or want wifi, I'd say skip the wife, :))

Seriously, they both work the same except for the wifi function.  Of course the wifi model will allow you to monitor 3 food temps instead of 1, but it sounds like you just need your basic model.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Thanks Naked Whiz... Think i'm gonna go with the regular digiQ
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053

If you don't have wifi, you can use a maverick 732 to monitor temp indoors and get an extra food probe too.  The digiq will hold your temp and the maverick will give you indoor monitoring.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    There's no charge for wifi.  If you have a laptop it already has wifi.  So do most smart phones and tablets.  You can buy a wireless access point for about $20 if you want a wifi network, but you can do "ad hoc" - point to point without one.  And even if you do get the wifi enabled unit, you don't have to use it.